Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will GGG be a top 5 middleweight of all time by the end of his career ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
    Stevens has beaten NOBODY in the whole of his career. Proksa'a only win worth mentioning is over a guy who had CANCER..
    Take it up with Ring Magazine, they had them in their top 10 (which was the question).

Comment

naw........

Comment

hell no.............

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
          I mentioned a lot of names , I said GGG has beaten nobody which is true , lots of guys win titles that on face value means nothing .

Im not hating on GGG you little fanboy Im being real about what he has done against who , I like Gennady he has the potensial to be anything but so far he hasnt fought a guy that would come to 1/2 a John Mugabi , its not hard to work this sht out .
          Name Haglers 10 best wins.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
            Why is everyone talking about GGG closing in on hopkins title defense record?

He only has 4 defenses of his WBA Super World Championship Title.
            He was upgraded to regular WBA (the paper belt Danny Jacobs holds at present) titleholder in 2010. Defended it 10 times: Nilson Julio Tapia, Kassim Ouma, Lajuan Simon (won vacant IBO world middleweight title), Makoto Fuchigami, Grzegorz Proksa, Gabriel Rosado, Nobuhiro Ishida, Matthew Macklin, Curtis Stevens, Osumanu Adama.

He was upgraded to Super WBA (the real WBA middleweight belt) in 2014. Defended it 4 times: Daniel Geale, Marco Antonio Rubio (won interim WBC), Martin Murray, Willie Monroe Jr.

His 15th consecutive WBA defense is vs Lemieux. Hopkins' record is 19 consecutive defenses of the IBF belt.

The WBA dual belt system is a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post
              Name Haglers 10 best wins.
              Name a guy on GGGs resume and I will name you 4 on Haglers that are better than twice as good .

GGG has not beat anybody that could be classed as elite fighters , its a fact and its not rubbishing him I like him its saying it as it is , all you fanboys want to do is blow sunshine , he might KO Hagler thats a great fantasy but the reality is Geale Murry etc does not qualify that fantasy .

And GGG wants 164 to fight the only real challenge he has lol he actually just pigeon holed himself and what his manager thinks , bout time he steps up he is 33 yrs old . knocking out B graders might fool casual fans but it aint fooling diehards , a lot happens in a boxing ring thats void of a KO and so far GGG is a front runner thats never been in the trenches with a real one .

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                Name a guy on GGGs resume and I will name you 4 on Haglers that are better than twice as good .

GGG has not beat anybody that could be classed as elite fighters , its a fact and its not rubbishing him I like him its saying it as it is , all you fanboys want to do is blow sunshine , he might KO Hagler thats a great fantasy but the reality is Geale Murry etc does not qualify that fantasy .

And GGG wants 164 to fight the only real challenge he has lol he actually just pigeon holed himself and what his manager thinks , bout time he steps up he is 33 yrs old . knocking out B graders might fool casual fans but it aint fooling diehards , a lot happens in a boxing ring thats void of a KO and so far GGG is a front runner thats never been in the trenches with a real one .
                I knew you wouldn't be able to do it. Good job. Good effort. You don't even know 10 guys Hagler fought much less name 10 elite guys he fought. By your logic, Hagler doesn't belong anywhere near the top 5 mw of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post
                  I knew you wouldn't be able to do it. Good job. Good effort. You don't even know 10 guys Hagler fought much less name 10 elite guys he fought. By your logic, Hagler doesn't belong anywhere near the top 5 mw of all time.
                  Haha it went over your head like 747 lol , you have a problem with evaluating a guys record and what you actually see in the ring , its the Butterbean syndrome .

Comment

His skills alone will let him easily be top 5, just depends if the other fighter step up.

When Hagler and co fought, fighters weren't pink clock wearing divas who are holding belts hostage and are running from the real champ. GGG probably most feared MW ever, you cannot force people to fight him. If he beats Lemieux, Canelo and Lee by next year, Floyd hopefully retires then GGG he will be on top of the p4p list.

Comment

• In my list of the 5 best middleweights of all time, Robinson certainly is not there. At middleweight Robinson lost too many times to be on my list. He won the middleweight title 5 times partly because he kept losing it and then winning it back.

Comment

Working...
                      X