Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will GGG be a top 5 middleweight of all time by the end of his career ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Might as well put Edwin Valero on an atg list and induct him into the hof..... he crushed plenty of cans too and has a 100% ko ratio..... plus he was good with the ladies
    Last edited by Rapid Counter; 08-03-2015, 02:14 PM.

Comment

We simply don't know yet, he's yet to beat the other champions at middleweight and defend the undisputed title a couple of times before we can consider him a atg middleweight, and it doesn't matter that the other champs don't want to fight him, he won't get the Credit for beating these people untill he actually does it in the ring, ain't no moral victories in sports.

Comment

Originally posted by BigAlexSand View Post
        what about Hopkins early wins against equally as good as opposition as Golovkins.
        Sorry but NO.

Prior to Trinidad, Hopkins beat;

John David Jackson
        Glen Johnson
        Keith Holmes
        Antwun Echols
        Robert Allen

The above list puts Bumlovekin's resume to SHAME...

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
          You can't make this stuff up. Golovkin fans are more ******ed than Pacquiao's. At least Pacquiao fans slobbed off a great fighter. Golovkin fans slob off a coward.
          ^This right here.

LMAO...

Comment

Originally posted by BertoRollin' View Post
            The thread asks "Top 5"...This isn't my list but how can you place GGG over these 5:

1. Harry Greb - I'm not going through his resume. I'm sure you agree this is a big no no.

2. Sugar Ray Robinson - Again, I shouldn't have to go into any detail here either.

3. Carlos Monzon - 14 title defenses including hall of famers Emile Griffith and Nino Benvenuti. GGG has the title defenses but not the quality of opposition and I don't think its possible to ever get there.

4. Marvin Hagler - 12 title defenses including wins over 4 world champions including Vito Antufurmo, Thomas Hearns and Roberto Duran. Hearns and Duran were fighters moving up in weight but were much more accomplished MWs than Canelo or Cotto.

5. Bernard Hopkins - 20 title defenses with his biggest win over Trinidad (HOF) but also wins over Holmes, Joppy and Johnson.
            I'm just stating people are quick to speculate negatively just as much as positively. Golovkin has not had the compition that most of these fighters had later in their reign, Lemieux is a great step up and if he wins the first big creditable win for Golovkin and most likely not the end. If he continues to win other titles, why argue his talent and possible future?

Comment

Will Andre Berto be a top 5 welterweight of all time by the end of his career?(answer: HELL NO) Berto's resume of opposition so far > GGG's resume of opposition so far lol. I can't wait for GGG to lose just to end the warrant less hype. The guy's best win so far is either Geale, Macklin, or Murry FFS lol! GGG's Top 5 all time hype P4P... that HBO hype train.

Comment

he has potential but can we at least see him in with a live fighter first

Comment

Originally posted by BigAlexSand View Post
                  I'm just stating people are quick to speculate negatively just as much as positively. Golovkin has not had the compition that most of these fighters had later in their reign, Lemieux is a great step up and if he wins the first big creditable win for Golovkin and most likely not the end. If he continues to win other titles, why argue his talent and possible future?
                  I agree but it all starts with trying to crown him king before he reaches that stage in his career. Best thing to do is just enjoy his fights and talk about his historical ranking when he's done.

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
                    he has potential but can we at least see him in with a live fighter first
                    Seeing as he ducked Ward, obviously the answer to the question above is NO..

Comment

Should he? Yes.

Will he? No.

He could legitimately clear 3 divisions but no one wants to fight him.

Comment

Working...
                      X