Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will GGG be a top 5 middleweight of all time by the end of his career ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For me, greatness is defined by defending titles over consecutive years. Getting the title is the easy part.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
      Should he? Yes.

Will he? No.

He could legitimately clear 3 divisions but no one wants to fight him.
      Ward wanted to fight @ 168. What happened there?

Comment

Originally posted by BigAlexSand View Post
        People are quick to forget the fact neither Hopkins, Hagler, Or Monzons reign of opposition was far from great. Most of Haglers biggest fights were against fighters moving up, Monzon fought only in his own country also fighting far from the greatest opposition till the end of his career and Hopkins didn't find his big fights till the end of his middleweight reign often fighting individuals with no experience against good opposition. Learn the history of the greats in the middleweight division and you read and see that they were either light years ahead of the compition or didn't find the best opposition till the end of their reign.

I believe Golovkin can go down as one of the best, if he finds/continues to fight the best opposition and hopefully something great will fall into place. Yet to be seen but in time I see him getting close/equaling/going over Hopkins record. Hopkins didn't move up till after losing twice to Taylor, Hagler never moved weight neither did Monzon.
        Yeah, but people aren't interested doing research. They just hear the names Monzon, Hopkins etc and assume they had strong records.

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        Macklin, Murray, Geale, Rubio, and Stevens were all top 10, I think. The only fighter I'm not sure about is Stevens.
        Stevens was #9 Ring as was Proksa.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          Macklin, Murray, Geale, Rubio, and Stevens were all top 10, I think. The only fighter I'm not sure about is Stevens.
          Haha , top ten amongst a bunch of top 30s in other eras , you are only as good as who you beat and GGG has not beat anyone anywhere near an elite in their best form fighter we dont know where he is at because he has not been tested , and Lemonwho is another B grader , MW right now is like the HW division where its very very weak , John Mugabi would go through todays MW division like it was butter .

There is ratings and then there is whats real .

Comment

Should he? Yes.

Will he? No.

Looooooooool. We're still doing this whole "avoided" thing? Have you been living under a rock the last few weeks?

Looooooooool again at the concept of GGG sniffing the top 5.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
              Stevens was #9 Ring as was Proksa.
              Stevens has beaten NOBODY in the whole of his career. Proksa'a only win worth mentioning is over a guy who had CANCER..

Comment

Bh fought a lot of no hopers at middleweight and he was famous for not haven really fought any decent middleweights, rather bloating them up like he did Trinidad or undersized middleweighs or middleweight that just weren't all that good in the first place.

. Its just what BH is doing at the higher weights and at his age, people are now thinking in hindsight, yes he probably was a strong middleweight and could have beaten great middleweights like Halger and Co if they were available, so have elevated BH up the ATG list.

Im sure that will happen to GGG. GGG wont have to have beat that good middleweights. Just has to beat the competition well for a while longer and he will do well in fantasy fights against any middleweight from any era.
                Last edited by hugh grant; 08-03-2015, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Lmfao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Should he? Yes.

Will he? No.

Too bad his handlers don't have that kind of confidence in him. When they had the chance to put him in boxings drivers seat (Ward fight), they insisted on a catch weight Ward couldn't possibly make and killed the fight. They don't believe ggg can beat Ward

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                      Bh fought a lot of no hopers at middleweight and he was famous for not haven really fought any decent middleweights, rather bloating them up like he did Trinidad or undersized middleweighs or middleweight that just weren't all that good in the first place.

. Its just what BH is doing at the higher weights and at his age, people are now thinking, yes he probably was a strong middleweight and could have beaten great middleweights like Halger and Co if they were available.
                      In todays episode of what did i learn on NSB, we will discuss how Prime Roy Jones was a no hoper.

Comment

Working...
                      X