Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shawn Porter vs Danny Garcia Official Poll:

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a close fight, style wise and on paper I would favor Garcia but I think that Porter takes s UD. People think that Porter would walk into a big shot, but guys like Judah, Herrera, and Peterson had no trouble taking his power. Also, he'll be fighting a guy his size, if not bigger and stronger than him for once. Furthermore, I think once you're weary of Garcia's left hook and keep pumping a jab in his face he becomes fairly neutralized. With all that said, Garcia is still a talented kid and is mentally strong so it's tough to count him out especially if Porter gets too wild.
    Last edited by _original_; 08-03-2015, 01:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by IR0NFIST View Post
      Porter's size and strength will be the key to victory, if he can impose those advantages on the smaller Garcia and keep the fight on the inside I can see him winning a comfortable and ugly 12 round decision.
      That's how I see it too. Shawn did a good job at ducking under Broner's left hook until the final round, he'll need to be even more alert about Garcia's left which I think he will. Also, Herrera showed that a stiff jab is easy money against Garcia and Peterson demonstrated that pushing Danny back befuddles him. These would be keys to victory for Porter IMO.

Comment

Danny got slow feet and is easy to hit.

Comment

Porter would outbox and outwork Danny to a comfortable 9-3/8-4 type of UD.

Comment

Porter wins and most likely by KO

Hes bigger, stronger, more power, better head movement and footspeed.

Garcia doesn't have the footwork or clinch to get away from his punches

Comment

Originally posted by Lomachenko View Post
              Whos really tested Garcia? Nobody.
              Matthysse? who fought with one eye and mentally just tried to go 12. No Test
              Herrera? Beat Garcia. Failed that test. Or is Herrera that good?
              Salka? lmfao! No need for comment!
              Peterson? fought at a 143 CW for some odd reason. No Test.
              Malignaggi? worst than Salka fight. No power to worry about. No test.

Id didnt add Judah and Khan. Still not a test on either one. Judah is a real bum. Khan was caught with a good shot. No question. Porters chin>Khan chin! Porter will test him badly!
              This post is a prime example of someone who is so blinded by their hatred for a fighter that they don't even make any sense when trying to give their opinion. If Danny Garcia has t been tested/matched up tough then who has? His last 8 or so fights are not the kind of people you put your guy in against if you plan on him remaining undefeated unless you have a ridiculous amount of confidence in him. Garcia's resume ON PAPER is one of the best resumes in the sport right now in the last few years.

Funny and your flooded with Loma pics want to talk about not being tested? He fought two names 1: a proven tough fight for anyone at any level Orlando Salodo and 2: Gary Russel the TBA king

Comment

shawn gave paulie a brain aneurysm by the 4th rd

danny had the ref stop the fight in the 9th

thats why shawn beats danny

Comment

Originally posted by FrenchDeLaHoya View Post
                  shawn gave paulie a brain aneurysm by the 4th rd

danny had the ref stop the fight in the 9th

thats why shawn beats danny
                  Triangle theories?

Comment

Good style matchup for Danny. Porter is one of my favs but I see Garcia beating him with his counter style...
                    only thing Porter could try is pushing the action so close that Garcia hasn't got the space to counter effectively. If Porter can get that close he might would be successful but there's a big chance that Danny will catch up with him and will counter him while he lunges in.

Comment

Originally posted by HEND View Post
                      Good style matchup for Danny. Porter is one of my favs but I see Garcia beating him with his counter style...
                      only thing Porter could try is pushing the action so close that Garcia hasn't got the space to counter effectively. If Porter can get that close he might would be successful but there's a big chance that Danny will catch up with him and will counter him while he lunges in.
                      That's what will happen imo Porter will spend 12 rounds outworking Garcia.

Garcia might find him difficult to clinch/hold due to the size difference, he tried to hold Peterson and was shrugged off.

Comment

Working...
                      X