Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sergio Mora got folded

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've seen better acts at the real circus.

Comment

Crippled or not, is Sergio Mora that prized of a scalp?

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
        Crippled or not, is Sergio Mora that prized of a scalp?
        No, but neither was Jeff Page Jr for Beiterbeiv or Kassim Ouma for GGG, but that didn't stop these posters from comparing GGG to Hagler...

Speaking of GGG, he's beaten two titlist his ENTIRE career, thus far in Geale and Ouma and yet people are comparing him to Marvin Hagler????

I can understand posters being neutral on Jacobs, but the vile nefarious hate is preposterous.... Especially when it's the same posters that "hate" slick fighters and clamor for KO's. They love KO's when GGG knocks out Lajaun Simon or Beiterbiev KO's Alexander Johnson, but God forbid Daniel Jacobs KO someone other than GGG, Lemiuex or Quillin, he's still garbage.

I wouldn't say it had anything to do with race if it were not for their track record.... At some point, when does possibility become probability?

Comment

Jacobs 500k, Mora 225k

they folding dollar bills! haymon haymon haymon!

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
            No, but neither was Jeff Page Jr for Beiterbeiv or Kassim Ouma for GGG, but that didn't stop these posters from comparing GGG to Hagler...

Speaking of GGG, he's beaten two titlist his ENTIRE career, thus far in Geale and Ouma and yet people are comparing him to Marvin Hagler????

I can understand posters being neutral on Jacobs, but the vile nefarious hate is preposterous.... Especially when it's the same posters that "hate" slick fighters and clamor for KO's. They love KO's when GGG knocks out Lajaun Simon or Beiterbiev KO's Alexander Johnson, but God forbid Daniel Jacobs KO someone other than GGG, Lemiuex or Quillin, he's still garbage.

I wouldn't say it had anything to do with race if it were not for their track record.... At some point, when does possibility become probability?
            I sat ringside at Jacobs-Truax and was rooting for Jacobs.
            I am absolutely down with Jacobs and GGG fighting each other or the other champions.

I hope it all happens.
            I don't think Jacobs gained any fans last night tbh. He could have handled the situation more diplomatically. Maybe it was the heat of the moment, but it wasn't a good look.
            Strange because he's usually an amiable guy.

Comment

True, you make valid points. But look at guys like Beieterbeiv, for example... His claim to fame is a KO over Cloud coming off two straight losses (arguably 3 if you count Campillo), one being a stoppage. He has 9 fcuking wins... Let's not forget he was dropped by Jeff Paige in the 1st round and has somehow been annointed has the 2nd coming.

I have just noticed a pattern over the years when it comes to these boards and it's inexcusable
              I get what you're saying. That **** is ridiculous.

It shouldn't matter the skin color, a hype job is a hype job until proven otherwise.

Guys like Beterbiev, and Jacobs appear to have the goods, and appear to be talented. But I'm not drinking the kool-aid yet. They have a lot to prove, and fighting cans on cable TV isn't going to cut it. At least not for me, I don't give a **** if he's Russian, Indian, Japanese, or Black.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                I sat ringside at Jacobs-Truax and was rooting for Jacobs.
                I am absolutely down with Jacobs and GGG fighting each other or the other champions.

I hope it all happens.
                I don't think Jacobs gained any fans last night tbh. He could have handled the situation more diplomatically. Maybe it was the heat of the moment, but it wasn't a good look.
                Strange because he's usually an amiable guy.
                I hear you man... Yes, Jacobs could've said he's up for a rematch. Like you said, Jacobs has been a stand up guy thus far. One could only think, what did Sergio Mora do to agitate Danny? I was tempted to dive into the pre-fight trash talk, but didn't have the time. I'm sure Mora's mouth rubbed Danny wrong somewhere along the way... Mora has a track record of trash talking and being disrespectful prior to fights... I remember how he was on The Contender and in his dual with Peter Manfredo. Heck, Sergio talks schit during fights. Now that I think about it, he just admitted to calling Danny a "motherfcuker" in the middle of the fight.

Sergio was distasteful. This is the only conclusion I can make of Jacobs reaction.

But that said, Jacobs got hate on these boards even BEFORE last night when he's been nothing but a stand up guy and respectful his whole career. Last night didn't trigger anything that wasn't already occurring from B'scene posters.

But yeah, I understand where you're coming from, I'm just not sure I completely agree

Comment

I dont even get whos making fun of the Pirog loss (pirog was a good fighter) or who's hyping andy lee (barely ever see andy lee mentioned on here).

Sergio mora has next to zero fans, the only time he's mentioned here is in "most boring fighter?" polls.

Either a very dry troll or an obsessive maniac who sits in his room for hours trying to come up with ways he's oppressed, which is unfortunately a very common lifestyle nowadays.
                  Last edited by ////; 08-02-2015, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
                    I get what you're saying. That **** is ridiculous.

It shouldn't matter the skin color, a hype job is a hype job until proven otherwise.

Guys like Beterbiev, and Jacobs appear to have the goods, and appear to be talented. But I'm not drinking the kool-aid yet. They have a lot to prove, and fighting cans on cable TV isn't going to cut it. At least not for me, I don't give a **** if he's Russian, Indian, Japanese, or Black.
                    Of course.... And the bar should be set high as you put it...

But when you have guys like 3G who beat two titlist in Geale and Ouma somehow get compared to the likes of Marvin Hagler, that's when you know it's a double standard when it comes to Euro American/European fighters as compared to African American fighters....

That's just the facts...

But yeah, I like Beterbiev, Loma and Kovalev... They should have bright future's ahead.

Comment

Boxingscene aint racist doe

At least this clown has the balls to say what ya'll really want to say
                      I said ***er not the n word damn. I should have paid more attention.

Comment

Working...
                      X