Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I find it ironic roy Pernell and Floyd are not beloved but were the best of their tim

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd gets a lot of hate because he beat up a woman and his "money" persona.

I respect him as a boxer, though.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
      Boxing fans are the worst and best fans

Before these guys were in their mid to early 30s they were the best of their time but others are more beloved

JCC lol can't hold a candle to sweet pea Whitaker

Odlh made big bucks was beloved but rjj was the best of the 90s

PAC man got fighter of the decade in a decade he lost n drew in while Mayweather went undefeated and had bigger fights beat every common opponent except cotto first in their career....I don't include jmm for PAC..
      4 tries no clear decisive win

Hmmm....I wonder why

People like good losers

Not fighters who win.....make it look easy....people hated Ali too, til he couldn't speak to the world
      Larry go suck a cok you lil $h!t troll "it's because I am black" die you lil $h!t

Comment

Before these guys were in their mid to early 30s they were the best of their time but others are more beloved

PAC man got fighter of the decade in a decade he lost n drew in while Mayweather went undefeated and had bigger fights beat every common opponent except cotto first in their career....I don't include jmm for PAC..

Hmmm....I wonder why

People like good losers

Not fighters who win.....make it look easy....people hated Ali too, til he couldn't speak to the world
        nothing but truth in this post good job, now that ali isnt a threat hes everyones hero, let him be a top heavyweight now and say the same things and act the same he did back then, he would be hated, smh.

Comment

Originally posted by Wizardsh View Post
          Larry go suck a cok you lil $h!t troll "it's because I am black" die you lil $h!t
          why do u think its okay to say this type of stuff? why would u tell another man to do that? im trying to understand how a sport can make one this disrespectful and angry its just boxing

Comment

Originally posted by 12TRIBEsRiSe View Post
            nothing but truth in this post good job, now that ali isnt a threat hes everyones hero, let him be a top heavyweight now and say the same things and act the same he did back then, he would be hated, smh.
            I disagree whole heartedly about how Floyds fanboys try and make a comparison hate wise between him an Ali. Back in the Ali days it was just totally different. There was a draft and Americans were dying(and per capita young American **********,Hispanic and black, were dying at a higher rate than whites in Vietnam). I know amongst the old scholol whites, Ali was hated for his stances he took(dodging the draft and aligning with Islam) but there was a huge majority that still loved him and respected him for his stance he took. I'm a guy(white American) who's father and two uncles dodged the draft and had moved to Mexico for 5 years before returning and I know my dad loved and admired Ali. Ali was my fathers favorite fighter. Plus overall the majority of draft dodgers were white, so they related with Ali. I know there was still a lot of people who didn't like Ali but he still had tons and tons of fans here in America who loved and respected him and all over the world. Ali's love just increased more over the years from people that didn't like him before because they came to see what he stood for was real and what he did took heart and regardless if they didn't agree with it, they came to respect it.

With Floyd he is just an arrogant immature person who really doesn't stand for anything. He's all about money money money in a time where the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer and he flaunts it. Plus he's a known domestic abusers of woman.

So with that said where are the parralles between him and Ali where you can say well he will be loved just like Ali was once he retired. For Floyd the American public won't come around and praise him and love him like they did Ali, No Way. Floyd never took a stand against anything people can relate too and they wont say what he did took heart and courage because he never stood for anything but money. Floyd is a great boxer and he is rich who beat up woman and that's all they will say.
            Last edited by boxinghead530; 07-31-2015, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Hmmm....I wonder why

People like good losers

Pacquaio was awarded the Fighter of the era & Fighter of the decade awards because he DESERVED them Floyd in no way deserved even consideration'
              He "RETIRED" in tears for EVER but slithered back when he thought danger had passed. REAL FIGHTERS don't do that they face all comers. Floyd ran like a biotch from a seriously injured opponent FIGHTERS don't do that.
              You claim Pac had losses LOL Anywhere but Vegas Floyd has 3 losses Castillo Maidana & a DQ loss to Ortiz

Oh & BTW do not put that cowards name in the same sentence as Ali's name
              Ali ducked no one & when he had to he coulf FIGHT!! too
              Last edited by CJRock; 07-31-2015, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Believe it or not, people watch boxing to see offense, not defense.

People want to see violence, not little black guys, who spend all there time running, holding, and every once and awhile throwing out a little baby jab.

Comment

Hmmm....I wonder why

People like good losers

Seems to me like this thread is made with jealousy & envy, tools of the devil.

Comment

look, a lot of long posts here but its obvious the TS just wanted to lump whitaker in with mayweather, even though whitaker was universally highly regarded and still is and was probably considered the best fighter of the early to mid 90s.

In all honesty, just about everyone agrees Mayweather is one of the top 2 or 3 greatest fighters of the 21st century, how s that a bad thing? how is that racist?

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                      look, a lot of long posts here but its obvious the TS just wanted to lump whitaker in with mayweather, even though whitaker was universally highly regarded and still is and was probably considered the best fighter of the early to mid 90s.

In all honesty, just about everyone agrees Mayweather is one of the top 2 or 3 greatest fighters of the 21st century, how s that a bad thing? how is that racist?
                      This thread is a bull**** attempt by a Mayweather fanboy to make him into a victim by including other fighters and making stuff up. It's the only reason "therealpugilist" ever posts.

Comment

Working...
                      X