Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's The Best Fighter On Lennox Lewis' Record?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tyson fo sho

Comment

Holyfield was top3 P4P when Lewis clearly beat him only to receive that horrible draw.

I remember one of those now gone boxing magazines(KO/Boxing Illustrated) had Holyfield ranked 3rd all time after Ali and Louis before the Lewis fight. He got a lot of hype from becoming 3 time heavyweight champ and dominating Tyson then destroying Moorer.

Has to be Holyfield.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
        Lewis has a record packed to the brim full of quality fighters, his record most probably won't be matched again in the heavyweight division. This is one of the reasons Al Bernstein calls Lewis the best heavyweight of all time.

But which of the fighters that Lewis beat would you consider the best of the bunch? Who is the best fighter on Lewis' record?

Evander Holyfield
        Mike Tyson
        Ray Mercer
        Oliver McCall
        Henry Akinwande
        Vitali Klitschko
        Tommy Morrison
        Frank Bruno
        David Tua
        Donovan Ruddock
        Gary Mason
        Andrew Golota
        Frans Botha
        Michael Grant
        Hasim Rahman
        Shannon Briggs (lets go champ)
        Tony Tucker
        and many more..
        Some of those names are pretty mediocre. Lewis only fought 2 truly great fighters (Tyson and Holyfield) and imo 3 or 4 HOFers (Tyson, Holyfield, Vitali and possibly one of Bruno/Ruddock).

The only name out of all those that he fought, who was in his prime or close to it, is Vitali Klitschko. An argument can be made for Ruddock. So it's one of those two.

Comment

Holyfield.

My views on Lennox are known, I consider him to be the greatest HW to ever lace them up. Especially head-to-head. Lennox ran through the gauntlet at HW and beat every man he ever faced.

Holyfield, Mercer, Klitschko; in that order.

Comment

Working...
          X