No announcement yet.

5 Names in Line for Kell Brook in October - Eddie Hearn

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Salim_Shady View Post
    Provodnikov, Algieri, Chaves, Alexander are all acceptable/decent imo.
    Those were the 4 names? what was the 5th? (I can't be listening to Hearn).

I like the Chaves fight a lot, far more than I ever did Rios, I hope it gets made.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
      Those were the 4 names? what was the 5th? (I can't be listening to Hearn).

I like the Chaves fight a lot, far more than I ever did Rios, I hope it gets made.
      He mentioned Guerrero and a few more names around that level, and Chaves was actually outboxing Rios before the referee ****ed it up. However, Chaves I think boxes better than Rios but he's inside game isn't as good and he isn't as durable so I think Rios is a tougher fight for Brook stylistically. Brook can out box Chaves more easily as he will try to box with Kell, also Chaves has a ridiculously short reach.

Comment

He mentioned Guerrero and a few more names around that level, and Chaves was actually outboxing Rios before the referee ****ed it up. However, Chaves I think boxes better than Rios but he's inside game isn't as good and he isn't as durable so I think Rios is a tougher fight for Brook stylistically. Brook can out box Chaves more easily as he will try to box with Kell, also Chaves has a ridiculously short reach.
        Imo Brook would've just held Rios on the inside like he did to Porter, and splattered his face with right hands on the outside.

As you say Chaves will box with Brook, but I think he can be successful in parts and he has the power to hurt his opponents. Brook won't run from him, imo it will be a good fight if it happens (and I don't expect it to happen, Guerrero sounds about right).

Comment

• Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
          Imo Brook would've just held Rios on the inside like he did to Porter, and splattered his face with right hands on the outside.

As you say Chaves will box with Brook, but I think he can be successful in parts and he has the power to hurt his opponents. Brook won't run from him, imo it will be a good fight if it happens (and I don't expect it to happen, Guerrero sounds about right).
          Sounds like a fair summary but Rios has those vicious uppercuts on the inside, and the only time I've seen Kell really struggle was versus Carson Jones and on the inside. Carson took some shots and I think Rios would have tried a similar game plan. (AlthoughI'm aware Kell's lifestyle wasn't the greatest leading up the fight.) I will be livid if it's Guerrero, I like watching Brook fight but I want to see him against actual live dogs. Especially as it will be PPV.

Comment

Sounds like a fair summary but Rios has those vicious uppercuts on the inside, and the only time I've seen Kell really struggle was versus Carson Jones and on the inside. Carson took some shots and I think Rios would have tried a similar game plan. (AlthoughI'm aware Kell's lifestyle wasn't the greatest leading up the fight.) I will be livid if it's Guerrero, I like watching Brook fight but I want to see him against actual live dogs. Especially as it will be PPV.
            lol Hearn doesn't give a fuck what you want or any hardcore boxing fan (I hear you tho, and agree).

Comment

• Originally posted by yoz View Post
              Damn, page 5 is brutal.

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post

Khantard Nation mourning behind smileys lol

Originally posted by Salim_Shady View Post
                Chaves was handling Rios on the inside in their fight. Bum Bum got bailed out in that fight.

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                lol Hearn doesn't give a fuck what you want or any hardcore boxing fan (I hear you tho, and agree).
                Hardcore fans should be happier with the Chaves fight. It won't capture the imagination of the casuals which is the problem

Comment

LOL, it's funny how it is slipped under the rug, the fact that Brook struggled to win a MD in Sheffield against a fringe contender like Carson Jones.........in his 28th fight.

What's also interesting is how they demanded a catch weight 4 weeks before the fight in the rematch with Carson, lmaooo.
                  Last edited by Box-Office; 08-01-2015, 03:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
                    LOL, it's funny how it is slipped under the rug, the fact that Brook struggled against fringe contender like Carson Jones.........in his 27th fight.

Guess what Khan was doing in his 27th outing? Knocking out Judah in a foreign country to unify the titles.

What's also interesting is how they demanded a catch weight 4 weeks before the fight in the rematch with Carson, lmaooo.
                    Brook's diet doe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
                      LOL, it's funny how it is slipped under the rug, the fact that Brook struggled against fringe contender like Carson Jones.........in his 27th fight.

Guess what Khan was doing in his 27th outing? Knocking out Judah in a foreign country to unify the titles.

Who has tried to sweep anything under the rug? What does this have to do with the thread?

Post about the topic or leave the thread. It's getting boring now plus I've been informed by one of the mods to stop bullying you as they are worried about your recent behaviour.

Comment

Working...
                      X