Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you rate more? Golovkin or Kovalev?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
    Polls up let's see who boxingscene holds in higher esteem.
    Gotta be Kov, I like his mean streak and his wins over Hopkins and Pascal are far superior to anything GGG has done.

Comment

i'm not sure. golovkin is clearly the more fine-tuned technician, but i think kov may be a little more athletic relative to his size and therefore more dynamic. i give kov the slight edge because i think he's more adaptable, and we've seen him against better opposition so far

Comment

I don't think Golovkin does any one thing so much better than Kovalev that you can say he's better, because it's clear that Kovalev is the more well-rounded fighter. And he's proven it against much better competition.

I think Golovkin is pretty good, and it will take the best to beat him, but Kovalev looks much more capable of beating that best level of competition.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          I don't think Golovkin does any one thing so much better than Kovalev that you can say he's better, because it's clear that Kovalev is the more well-rounded fighter. And he's proven it against much better competition.

I think Golovkin is pretty good, and it will take the best to beat him, but Kovalev looks much more capable of beating that best level of competition.
          Cutting off the ring? Golovkin, easily.

Not making clumsy mistakes that cost you knockdowns? Golovkin, easily.

Ability to switch it up on the inside? Kovalev has zero inside game (he doesn't need it, thankfully).

The reason Kovalev is favored against Ward isn't solely his skills, it's because of his size. Put Kovalev somehow in a 160 frame of height and reach with the same boxing style and skills, then who wins between him and Golovkin/Ward? It changes everything.
          Last edited by T18Z; 07-30-2015, 06:26 AM.

Comment

No brainer. This is simple, all you have to do is see who they have faced and Kovalev runs away with this

Comment

Golovkin has only shown he can fight one way. He has looked pretty poor on the backfoot.

Comment

Working...
              X