No announcement yet.

All signs point to Khan vs Guerrero

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Salim_Shady View Post
    People were saying Khan was going to potentially get knocked out by Guerrero before when they were trying to make the fight in December. Guerrero nearly got KO'd by a guy with 4 KO's. Khan would beat him unbelievably easily and get no credit because post fight "Guerrero will be washed up".
    He hasn't looked good since making Berto look like a chinese guy. That was in 2012.

It's a Algieri level opponent right now. He shouldn't receive any "credit" because he would be fighting a guy other guys have already beaten on. A year with Algieri and Guerrero for a self proclaimed superstar is undeniably weak. And that was on the back of a year with Collazo and Alexander.

Very weak.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
      I have a feeling if after Mayweather shuns him, Khans going to step and fight a name fans all want. I don't think Guerrero fits the bill I'm thinking along the lines of Thurman, Porter , Garcia
      don't trust that instinct.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        4. Not a top 10 WW contender.

The coast is clear.
        Less than 50% KO ratio. Fits the bill of his last 5 opponents

Comment

This seems like a fun fight. Guerrero has been a pretty alright to watch 147lber despite all the **** he gets. His fights are almost always entertaining however he himself does. Wasn't his biggest fan pre-147, but he's grown on me. And Khan would probably be doing himself a favor by at least fighting guys Mayweather has fought as fans & media tend to love to dick measure potential opponents vs their common opponents. Khan vs Ortiz would probably be a more favorable match to make as I don't hate Guerrero's chances here although I suspect I'd favor Khan if it got made.

Comment

Thats a bad sign.

Khan needs to be fighting Brook, Thurman or Porter. That's it. And of course Mayweather.

Guerrero needs to be fighting Broner or Algieri.

Comment

If Khan would have beat the brakes off algieri I think he would have got the Floyd fight. And if Thurman blew collazo out he would have got the fight.
              A ghost Khan fight will be an ugly fight. The ghost brawling and Khan holding.I think the ghost could when if he stays in Khan 's chest cause Khan needs space to throw is trademark 3 punch combos. I'm not sure Khan can bang on the inside so his only weapon would be to clinch the ghost. Thus making it an ugly fight.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
                I have a feeling if after Mayweather shuns him, Khans going to step and fight a name fans all want. I don't think Guerrero fits the bill I'm thinking along the lines of Thurman, Porter , Garcia
                I don't. I truly believe Khan has talked himself into thinking Mayweather avoided him this time because Khan is too good to be #49 and deserves to be his 50th opponent. I also think Khan believes that Guerrero would be a great win.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                  He hasn't looked good since making Berto look like a chinese guy. That was in 2012.

It's a Algieri level opponent right now. He shouldn't receive any "credit" because he would be fighting a guy other guys have already beaten on. A year with Algieri and Guerrero for a self proclaimed superstar is undeniably weak. And that was on the back of a year with Collazo and Alexander.

Very weak.
                  How the hell is it Algieri level? Algieri lost to MANNY PACQUIAO, not life and death with kamegai or Aaron Martinez. Just because Khan fought him don't discredit Algieri. You've seen Algieri have one bad performance and you think you know him well enough rate him as a boxer. I don't think so.

P.S. Brook may have to fight Devon as a mando so that will be a "weak" fight. Thurman's last three fights have been pretty "weak" too. Frankie Gavin and Jo Jo Dan is a hell of a run for any fighter let alone a champion.
                  Last edited by SalimShady1212; 07-29-2015, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Well at least it aint Frankie Gavin and Jo Jo Dan

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post

Very weak.
                      Not a bad resume at all IMO. Not the best, but how many guys in the division have better in there last 4 fights?

If he added a big win over Guerrero, to a dominating performance over Alexander and Collazo, and a clear win over Algeiri, that's pretty damn good IMO.
                      Last edited by AddiX; 07-29-2015, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X