No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Khan, Hearn Meet To Discuss Kell Brook Clash in 2016

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    But he did talk about it. He was in the studio for the Porter fight and said that Brook had earned his shot and that he wanted the fight next. He said that Brook would be too scared to take the fight. Similar rubbish to what he's spouting now.

When the time came to make it happen, he tucked tail and ran like a b1tch. Fought Algieri instead - how is that NOT ducking?
    The reason is Mayqesther. If Brook was the big shot, the big champ at 147 the man everyone wanted a piece of the fight would happen sooner than later. I truly believe that. It's the fact that Mahweather (without much effort) has Khan by the balls until he retires.

You can call it ducking, but when the fight happens which in pretty sure it will then what? It's all about timing. The timing is not right for Khan right now, he's obsessed with landing Maywesther.

He probably knows (Khan) that his mind and heart is not in the Brook fight. He might not show up, he's completely sold out for Mayweather, which is stupid. But is what I believe to be true.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
      The reason is Mayqesther. If Brook was the big shot, the big champ at 147 the man everyone wanted a piece of the fight would happen sooner than later. I truly believe that. It's the fact that Mahweather (without much effort) has Khan by the balls until he retires.

You can call it ducking, but when the fight happens which in pretty sure it will then what? It's all about timing. The timing is not right for Khan right now, he's obsessed with landing Maywesther.
      Khan knew he wasn't getting the Mayweather fight and he chose Algieri - the softest punching fighter available. Why gloss over that? He was scared that Brook would knock him into next week and kill his career. It's one of the most blatant ducks in recent history.

Comment

Khan knew he wasn't getting the Mayweather fight and he chose Algieri - the softest punching fighter available. Why gloss over that? He was scared that Brook would knock him into next week and kill his career. It's one of the most blatant ducks in recent history.
        You gotta factor in the business side of it, sadly. Khan being heavily invested in a Brook fight kills any chance he has at a Mayweather fight. Khan is taking easy fights, fights that are easy to make, quick fights to keeep himself readily available for Maywesther. Is what I believe. Not that he has any fear of Brook. He doesn't want to get involved and blow any chance he has/had with Maywesther.

I truly doubt Khan is avoiding Brook because he's scared that he can't beat Brook.

I just can't see that. Brook doesn't have any type of reputation that would support that. Just my thoughts.

Comment

You gotta factor in the business side of it, sadly. Khan being heavily invested in a Brook fight kills any chance he has at a Mayweather fight. Khan is taking easy fights, fights that are easy to make, quick fights to keeep himself readily available for Maywesther. Is what I believe. Not that he has any fear of Brook. He doesn't want to get involved and blow any chance he has/had with Maywesther.

I truly doubt Khan is avoiding Brook because he's scared that he can't beat Brook.

I just can't see that. Brook doesn't have any type of reputation that would support that. Just my thoughts.
          So you admit that Khan is taking easy fights instead of the Brook fight but somehow that's NOT ducking? Wtf? Ok then.
          Last edited by Dirk Diggler UK; 07-28-2015, 07:54 PM.

Comment

So you admit that Khan is taking easy fights instead of the Brook fight but somehow that's NOT ducking? Wtf? Ok then.
            because he's not fighting Brook right now, like today, now he's ducking? You act like he's been avoiding the fight for years. The fight barely became relevant. He's keeping himself readily available to Maywesther he's not ducking Brook. Brook and Khan will fight, to say that he's ducking is premature.

Comment

Originally posted by wlliam View Post
              somebody is misinformed...12 months? try 3 years
              LOL, I think you're the one who's misinformed. He came into 147 in May of last year, first bout vs Collazo. Not three years.

Comment

because he's not fighting Brook right now, like today, now he's ducking? You act like he's been avoiding the fight for years. The fight barely became relevant. He's keeping himself readily available to Maywesther he's not ducking Brook. Brook and Khan will fight, to say that he's ducking is premature.
                He fought Chris Algieri man. Chris fuking Algieri - why couldn't he have fought Brook instead for his highest ever purse (more than Mayweather), a belt and in front of 80,000 fans?

Surely that would have got Mayweather's attention more than Algieri in front of less than 8,000 on Spike TV for about a 1/5 of the money.

It's a duck all the way across the board. There is no element of it that isn't a duck. His arsehole fell out at the prospect of losing to Brook.

And now he's paying the price for his ducking as Mayweather is seemingly telling him to piss off
                Last edited by Dirk Diggler UK; 07-28-2015, 08:03 PM.

Comment

He fought Chris Algieri man. Chris fuking Algieri - why couldn't he have fought Brook instead for his highest ever purse (more than Mayweather), a belt and in front of 80,000 fans?

Surely that would have got Mayweather's attention more than Algieri in front of less than 8,000 on Spike TV for about a 1/5 of the money.

It's a duck all the way across the board. There is no element of it that isn't a duck. His arsehole fell out at the prospect of losing to Brook.

And now he's paying the price for his ducking as Mayweather is seemingly telling him to piss off
                  He could have signed to fight Brook and would not have been available if Maywesther called his number. The negotiations, the promotion, the event would have been dragged out and Algeiri was readily available that fight was signed and fought within 6-weeks.

Why aren't you acknowledging that? You can call it whatever you want but your black and white stance on the fight and your preconceived notion that Brook is going to kill Khan is setting you up for failure in the near future.

Comment

Ths is like pacquiao mayweather....except not many people give a **** about this fight aside from hardcore fans

Comment

Originally posted by Salim_Shady View Post
                      Brook wanted Hurman, Marquez and Rios. Instead we got Gavin and Dan now here come the excuses to explain the fight. Mandatory doe fine. Oh he just got stabbed doe. No one said you have to fight so soon, wait a couple of months and fight a big name instead of an overweight jr WW.
                      That's not true. A Thurman fight was never on the horizon for 2015.

Marquez was discussed but he didn't want to come to the UK, Rios bailed out too.

Not much he can do.

Khan could have had a big fight, but he chose not to. He didn't try to make a big fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X