Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GGG is next line for good but hyped punchers to get exposed against an elite boxer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another 10/10 thread

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
      you can be exposed because people are calling him elite with out proving it

some people even got this guy top ten p4p, so when he faces another p4p talent, I see him losing

dude hasn't beat a guy in the top 100 pound for pound....so yes he will be exposed as being a very good fighter....not great, or top ten p4p

Froch and Ward are elite fighters....lets see him face someone on their level or GGG's perceived level
      Originally posted by Cruisin' View Post
      In theory he should fight Lara... I'm just not very excited to watch it
      Yeah about 5 people on here are excited about that fight. Lara's last fight there were 25 people booing, 13 people sleeping, and 2 people clapping (in his corner).

Cotto took 3 rounds to show Delvin Rodriguez the exit, Lara took 12.

Comment

I see you have yet to name this elite skilled boxer middleweight who can expose GGG. Sounds to me like you believe he is the best middleweight alive and the only way he gets exposed is if you bring back some great middleweight from the past in a time machine. Top 10 pound for pound? You better believe he is. Ring magazine recently polled their readers on who they thought was the best pound for pound fighter in the world. Over two thirds of the Ring Magazine subscribers voted GGG the best pound for pound fighter in the world over Mayweather and everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
          GGG has not fought one elite level boxer or boxer puncher.....he isn't hard to hit and when he does cut off the ring, he doesn't always work on the inside

I know this isn't gonna be a popular opinion but I just don't see anything special or extraordinary out of him

Lets see him face some adversity at the top level before some of you guys anoint him as an all time great
          Originally posted by Bori Bori View Post
          Cotto will chin check gggg
          Originally posted by xhiddenx87 View Post
          good try!

nope, GGG is no average but no ATG or HOF "yet"(depends what he does from here).
          But I would like that he mantains this step-up road, so we can finally have the Ward fight, and if he loses that fight I wouldn't consider that gettin exposed.

I have GGG fighting 4 more years, that easily 10 fights, and yes all those fights will be exciting to watch.

So how can you don't like the guy?
          He will fight any middleweight alive and fight Ward in the middle at 164. That is all he should be asked to do. He isn't on this step up road. He has always tried to fight the best but the best don't want to fight him. Lemieux is the only top middleweight brave enough to fight him since Murray and Geale. Jacobs is afraid. Cotto is afraid. Kid Chocolate is afraid.

Comment

I have said it for a long time now... Ggg is this era's tito trinidad... He is gonna walk thru everyone until he runs into a bernard Hopkins (andre Ward)

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              You can't base his talent on Murray. Even If you give Murray more credit than he deserves (which you have) Golovkin is still (by definition) overhyped because he would have had to have beaten Ward, Lara, Canelo, etc to live up to the level of hype people have him at.

I also don't think he's "next in line" because he has a clear, safe path established for the next year which will keep him away from significant challenges. He fights Lemieux, then either Canelo or Cotto, one who is a 154lber, the other who is a 154lber stretching out the tail of his career.
              This dumb azz names Canelo and a fighter GGG has to beat then in the very next paragraph he he says Canelo is a stretch 154! Ha
              So which is it idiot?

Comment

You can't base his talent on Murray. Even If you give Murray more credit than he deserves (which you have) Golovkin is still (by definition) overhyped because he would have had to have beaten Ward, Lara, Canelo, etc to live up to the level of hype people have him at.

I also don't think he's "next in line" because he has a clear, safe path established for the next year which will keep him away from significant challenges. He fights Lemieux, then either Canelo or Cotto, one who is a 154lber, the other who is a 154lber stretching out the tail of his career.
                You are stretching the truth to fit your agenda. Canelo is the same size as GGG. He can't make 154.

Comment

You can't base his talent on Murray. Even If you give Murray more credit than he deserves (which you have) Golovkin is still (by definition) overhyped because he would have had to have beaten Ward, Lara, Canelo etc to live up to the level of hype people have him at.

I like how Canelo is both a fighter Golovkin needs to prove himself by fighting AND a fighter that is part of the clear, safe path. It's actually both true in your mind most likely. Aka if GGG beats Canelo, then you will say Canelo was carefully selected to avoid a real threat. Otherwise it's "see what happens when you step up to REAL competition?"

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                    This dumb azz names Canelo and a fighter GGG has to beat then in the very next paragraph he he says Canelo is a stretch 154! Ha
                    So which is it idiot?
                    Lmao didn't see this but glad I'm not the only one who noticed.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                      I have said it for a long time now... Ggg is this era's tito trinidad... He is gonna walk thru everyone until he runs into a bernard Hopkins (andre Ward)
                      Tbf Tito got schooled by DLH

Comment

Working...
                      X