Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GGG is next line for good but hyped punchers to get exposed against an elite boxer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GGG is next line for good but hyped punchers to get exposed against an elite boxer

GGG has not fought one elite level boxer or boxer puncher.....he isn't hard to hit and when he does cut off the ring, he doesn't always work on the inside

I know this isn't gonna be a popular opinion but I just don't see anything special or extraordinary out of him

Lets see him face some adversity at the top level before some of you guys anoint him as an all time great

so where is this elite boxer in his division to do so?

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
      so where is this elite boxer in his division to do so?
      There isn't any. I think people are misunderstanding what it means to be "overhyped". When someone is overhyped,they tend to lose to the first decent opponent they come across. A great example would be broner facing maidana. Golovkin has already faced a decent opponent in Murray,and he basically broke him down and stopped him. In order for him to lose,people have to pull out a fighter a weight class above him,the same fighter who some people still rate as the #2 p4p in the sport. If losing to ward means that your overhyped,then I guess everyone on wards record including froch,is just overhyped.

Comment

Nothing special? Hits like a truck, had a stellar amateur career beat number of top pros..20 straight KOS...sure just average.

Comment

Losing to an elite fighter isn't exposed. Because 99% of other fighters don't have the ability to capitalize on the flaws that an elite fighter can exploit. Ya dig?

Comment

How can you be exposed by an elite fighter? surely it would just be losing not being exposed.

Being exposed would have to be against a lesser opponent.

Comment

If you don't think GGG is an elite talent than you are an idiot or just dislike him for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                GGG has not fought one elite level boxer or boxer puncher.....he isn't hard to hit and when he does cut off the ring, he doesn't always work on the inside

I know this isn't gonna be a popular opinion but I just don't see anything special or extraordinary out of him

Lets see him face some adversity at the top level before some of you guys anoint him as an all time great
                Cotto will chin check gggg

Comment

Well it is no "Elite Boxers" at 160 so it won't happen anytime soon. Also, make no mistake, GGG Can Box he is not some dumb flat footed Brawler.

Comment

Originally posted by mike1010011 View Post
                    There isn't any. I think people are misunderstanding what it means to be "overhyped". When someone is overhyped,they tend to lose to the first decent opponent they come across. A great example would be broner facing maidana. Golovkin has already faced a decent opponent in Murray,and he basically broke him down and stopped him. In order for him to lose,people have to pull out a fighter a weight class above him,the same fighter who some people still rate as the #2 p4p in the sport. If losing to ward means that your overhyped,then I guess everyone on wards record including froch,is just overhyped.
                    You can't base his talent on Murray. Even If you give Murray more credit than he deserves (which you have) Golovkin is still (by definition) overhyped because he would have had to have beaten Ward, Lara, Canelo, etc to live up to the level of hype people have him at.

I also don't think he's "next in line" because he has a clear, safe path established for the next year which will keep him away from significant challenges. He fights Lemieux, then either Canelo or Cotto, one who is a 154lber, the other who is a 154lber stretching out the tail of his career.

Comment

Working...
                    X