No announcement yet.

[POLL] Amir Khan vs Porter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Salim_Shady View Post
    Khan was supposed to lose so many times before, my money's on my fighter. A so called rejuvenated Collazo was supposed to KO him and Alexander was a 50/50 tough fight.
    But that in it's own that "was supposed to lose so many times before," not a real argument. I didn't pick Collazo or Alexander to beat him but Porter is better than those two and also his style all wrong for Khan.
    He doesn't care really much if he gets hit but he hits hard enough for to you care about, especially if you are Khan with that shaky chin + he is terribly awkward and love to fight up close and maul you. I don't see how is this a good style matchup for Khan. Porter is tough to anybody but for Khan he can be a nightmare.

Comment

Originally posted by HEND View Post
      Khan would be better off with fighting Thurman. I think he would probably lose there too but he would have more chance, because the thing Khan really doesn't like is ahigh volume pressure and Thurman would probably try to box him, at least at the beginning of the fight.
      Styles make fights so I agree that Thurman is a better style match up but I favout Khan over sometimes too. Thurman's power comes from him winging his punches so that decreases their velocity so less chance of landing. Khan's chin isn't iron but it's far from glass.

Comment

If the fight gets made I'm wiling to take bets guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          Holding back the tears
          You mirror everything I do nowadays. You're NSB's budget Box-Office.

Singsurat and Saunders were both World title fights. I mean the fact you think Saunders is **** speaks volumes about you.
          Last edited by Box-Office; 07-27-2015, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Styles make fights so I agree that Thurman is a better style match up but I favout Khan over sometimes too. Thurman's power comes from him winging his punches so that decreases their velocity so less chance of landing. Khan's chin isn't iron but it's far from glass.
            Thurman also seem to struggle a little with pressure but if there's somebody who will never ever pressure him it's Khan. On the other hand Khan has a chance to outbox Thurman, I admit that but I think if that would happen, after a couple of rounds Thurman would switch tactics and would go for the kill because he knows that he is the harder puncher and probably he has the better beard too.

Comment

Originally posted by HEND View Post
              Thurman also seem to struggle a little with pressure but if there's somebody who will never ever pressure him it's Khan. On the other hand Khan has a chance to outbox Thurman, I admit that but I think if that would happen, after a couple of rounds Thurman would switch tactics and would go for the kill because he knows that he is the harder puncher and probably he has the better beard too.
              Khan needs to work on those liver shots again...

Comment

Khan was supposed to lose so many times before,
                Yeah man, so many times.

Khan - Algieri (fav: Khan-1600)
                Khan - Alexander (fav: Khan -240)
                Khan - Collazo (fav: Khan -600)
                Khan - Garcia (fav: Khan -600)
                Khan - Peterson (fav: Khan -1200)
                Khan - Barrera (fav: Khan -140)
                Khan - Maidana (fav: Khan -300)
                Khan - Judah (fav: Khan -600)
                Khan - Malignaggi (fav: Khan -500)
                Khan - Prescott (fav:Khan -1600)

Comment

When Khan knows hes in against punchers he fights the perfect fight, Danny Garcia he underestimated and so did he with prescott. If he trains with the intention of knowing that hes opponent cant spark hes head clean off i.e Maidana, then Id favor Khan against any puncher

Comment

Originally posted by Moop View Post
                    Yeah man, so many times.

Khan - Algieri (fav: Khan-1600)
                    Khan - Alexander (fav: Khan -240)
                    Khan - Collazo (fav: Khan -600)
                    Khan - Garcia (fav: Khan -600)
                    Khan - Peterson (fav: Khan -1200)
                    Khan - Barrera (fav: Khan -140)
                    Khan - Maidana (fav: Khan -300)
                    Khan - Judah (fav: Khan -600)
                    Khan - Malignaggi (fav: Khan -500)
                    Khan - Prescott (fav:Khan -1600)
                    I'm talking about what people were saying, not odds mate. Khan must be pretty good for him to always be the favourite. Look at that run of opponents, so many marquee names. Just emphasises the strength of Khan's resume.
                    Last edited by SalimShady1212; 07-27-2015, 01:54 PM.

Comment

I'm confident Khan wins a decision in a rough and tumble fight. Stick to a good gameplan, use that considerable reach advantage and foot speed and fight on the outside (bull v matador type of fight)
                      My thread was about a Kitchen Porter and you voted Porter by decision

Comment

Working...
                      X