Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think GGG-Lemieux will flop on PPV?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      Morales
      Manny
      Barrera
      Marquez
      Trinidad
      Cotto

Sold a bunch of PPVs to american public without an American star
      I meant to say non-Americans over seas like europes, Asia etc. But I'm glad to see my prediction of 100-150k be spot on.
      Last edited by el malo; 10-21-2015, 10:40 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          150k or it will even end up that it does so bad the numbers will not be released. It will do good with fans in attendance though.
          This is what I thought at first, but then as the fight got closer and I started seeing some buzz, I thought more like 250k. I guess I was initially right in my prediction. Still shocked though that it did 97k.

Comment

• Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
            Lol wow. All the people who say "lol that ppv flopped" suddenly won't care about ppv numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              This is what I thought at first, but then as the fight got closer and I started seeing some buzz, I thought more like 250k. I guess I was initially right in my prediction. Still shocked though that it did 97k.
              I honestly didn't know what to expect really. One thing I've always said is that casuals are a lot smarter than people give them credit for.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
                I honestly didn't know what to expect really. One thing I've always said is that casuals are a lot smarter than people give them credit for.
                Damn, why is the poll not public? I forgot what I voted.. I thought it would do between 150-200 I think...

Sorry, didn't mean to quote ya, just hit the button by accident

Comment

• Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
                  They probably google'd Lemiuex, saw his losses, youtube'd Lemiuex and saw his recent losses to Rubio and Alcine. To hardcore GGG fans 2011 was "a long time ago" but to the normal person who does not follow boxing religiously, those losses were pretty recent. Really the alcine loss was in December 2011. Those 4 years were turned almost to Pacquiao-Torrecampo like lapse in losses. That's not how normal fans see it, 2011 could be seen as very, very recent for most people.

Funny thing is the same hardcore GGG fans that say Lemiuex vs Rubio/Alcine was too long ago to matter, are the same exact posters who constantly remind the forum about Mayweather vs Castillo I a 2002 fight, to indicate why Floyd Mayweather is not great. But na, Lemiuex is a different beast after 4 years after his back to back losses to fringe contenders. But Floyd is not great after 15 years after his close fight vs the #1 ranked LW and WBC Lightweight champion in his first 135 fight.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                      Lemieux is another match that heavily favors Golovkin. A lot of people will enthusiastically watch that for free but not many are going to pay for it.
                      Guess my initial thoughts were right all along. After people here got hyped I thought 250+ but, initially, assumed no one wanted this.

Comment

Working...
                      X