Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think GGG-Lemieux will flop on PPV?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
    Bet reaches about 90 million households. HBO has about 30 million subscribers?
    Most people wouldn't have even known there was boxing on that channel.

Ward's ratingss on HBO have been pretty high considering people say he's boring and not a draw.

Far more people know Andre Ward than Lemieux, there isn't really much debate about it.

Comment

Bet reaches about 90 million households. HBO has about 30 million subscribers?
      What the hell does that mean, I have over 700 channels that I can watch, but my TV is on ESPN 90% of the time.

When you get a chance, tell us who fought on BET before Ward, i'll wait.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
        What the hell does that mean, I have over 700 channels that I can watch, but my TV is on ESPN 90% of the time.

It means 3x as many people could have watched him fight but he did way less then he does when on HBO. Ward is irrelevant right now, he needs a couple fights to get back his luster.

Comment

And you should downgrade your cable plan lol

Comment

It means 3x as many people could have watched him fight but he did way less then he does when on HBO. Ward is irrelevant right now, he needs a couple fights to get back his luster.
            And you should downgrade your cable plan lol
            HBO is known as the home of boxing for decades, BET is known for 106 and park, hell people in this website didn't even know Ward was fighting on BET, how the heck are casuals supposed to know that.

Can't downgrade, they got me with the triple play.

Comment

I think anyone who wants to see GGG against the big names in the future should support this PPV. Give them a reason why they should fight this man. The less successful GGG is, the more one sided fights we're going to get.

Comment

Exactly.

I don't watch BET and I'm not going to make an exception for Ward. I'll watch it on HBO because that is where I expect it to be on.

BET hasn't had a sporting event on it much less a boxing event since they were showing the Circle City Classic on there. They dropped HBCU college football and nothing close to sports has even been on that network.

It doesn't matter if BET is available to 90 million households. Other than that joke they call a BET Awards Show, you'd be lucky to see if 500,000 watch that network at one time.

Comment

150k or it will even end up that it does so bad the numbers will not be released. It will do good with fans in attendance though.

Comment

100-200k is my prediction. Anybody saying this does 300k or better is smoking the good stuff.

Comment

I'm 26 now and haven't watched BET in a decade, 16 was the last time I flipped that channel on, back when Rap City the Bassment followed by 106 and Park was on, when rap was still putting out decent songs lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X