Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think GGG-Lemieux will flop on PPV?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What # is considered a flop?

For his PPV debut (as the lead draw too), 175,000-200,000 buys is pretty respectable buy rate.

If GGG had fought on other PPVs before (as the secondary guy), then I would expect higher numbers for this fight.

I do expect like 225,000-275,000 buys, so that is a respectable number.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      I'm 26 now and haven't watched BET in a decade, 16 was the last time I flipped that channel on, back when Rap City the Bassment followed by 106 and Park was on, when rap was still putting out decent songs lol.
      Joe Clair was on Rap City when I stopped watching it...naw lol I remember The Bassment

Comment

I think it'll do 200K maybe 225K tops. Neither are really that known. I think this is a good fight but a couple more fights would of served better before making this a PPV

Comment

IMHO, <250K.

Unknown fighters for the casuals....only hardcore will buy.

Comment

Anything over 200,000 would be a huge success. I think it can generate 300k buys, optimistically....remember these guys are not getting 20M+ purses like manny and floyd so they don't need to get extremely high numbers. It will be interesting to see if it can beat out Canelo's fights against Angulo and Lara. That should be the goal.

Comment

It'll flop. Most definitely.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                Bet reaches about 90 million households. HBO has about 30 million subscribers?
                90 million have it but how many really watch it lol. That's like saying if ward was on telemundo he should do big numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                  90 million have it but how many really watch it lol. That's like saying if ward was on telemundo he should do big numbers.

Comment

Depends what you consider a flop, if HBO is hoping for more than 250k buys... yeah it's going to flop. If there expecting 200k which is what I'm expecting then no it wouldn't be considered a flop. What I will say though is this does NOTHING to help promote or build other fighters.

I buy PPV if it's a competitive matchup. All you need to know is GGG is a 14-1 favorite, why wouldn't he be against a guy who lost to Rubio FFS, and they want to charge $50 for this ****. All because they want to show how much of a "star" GGG is lol.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X