Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think GGG-Lemieux will flop on PPV?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think GGG-Lemieux will flop on PPV?

So, turns out this fight has been signed and will be at MSG on October 17. I will definitely be catching that in person, what a monster fight this should be. That being said, it's not the kinda matchup that seems like it would do very well on PPV. ODLH stood behind the match being on PPV saying it was a good start for both of them, and says he expects 350-500k buys (quote/source below). So what do y'all think? Can it do that many?

Also, what is the general opinion of the matchup.. is Lemieux an improvement from Monroe? Can he win?

"When you talk about getting bang for your buck it doesn't get any better than this," De La Hoya said. "When you think about the pay-per-view numbers we're being real here. This is not a million-selling pay-per-view. We're thinking along the lines of between 350,000 and 500,000 buys. You have to start somewhere, and this is a perfect fight for both guys to start off on pay-per-view. Obviously, we are going to stack the card like there's no tomorrow. We want to give the fans bang for their buck."
    http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...fication-fight
    <200,000
    26.27%
    200,000-350,000
    44.07%
    350,000-500,000
    22.03%
    500,000-1,000,000
    2.54%
    >1,000,000
    5.08%
    Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 07-25-2015, 11:11 PM.

Yes , even if the undercard is good this fight only getting 275k buys

Gennady Golovkin vs David Lemieux

Roman Gonzalez vs Brian Viloria

Matt Korobov vs Jorge Sebastian Heiland

Oscar Valdez vs Jonathan Victor Barros

Comment

Looking into my crystal ball... and I see 5 millions buys...

Comment

Oh dammit I made another private poll lol. I need to pay more attention to that..

Comment

I can see it doing 350k... barely.

Comment

It'll be a low number. 300,000 may even be a high buy number. We're talking a Floyd PPV in September and then Canelo/Cotto in November. Not too many people dropping dosh on the card in the middle of those two.

I'll buy it though. It's a great action fight on paper.

Comment

300K is a solid number for GGG's first PPV.

Comment

200k-350k would be GREAT! If it does better than that then the Winner of that Event will be Boxing's New Biggest Star!

A fight like this SHOULD do good Numbers! But unfortunately, neither is American or Mexican and neither is known very well by Casual Americans just yet even though GGG popularity is grown it is still a work in progress. But a great HBO 24/7 and a good Undercard, I expect very good numbers for this one!
                Last edited by sicko; 07-25-2015, 11:20 PM.

Comment

im thinking 300-400k buys if it's a reasonably priced ppv with a solid undercard like we used to have

it would be nice to have those back, the past few years it's boiled down to eitherstay busy fights on free tv or of $80 ppvs with 2 noteworthy fights on them, not much in the middle

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob View Post
                    So, turns out this fight has been signed and will be at MSG on October 17. I will definitely be catching that in person, what a monster fight this should be. That being said, it's not the kinda matchup that seems like it would do very well on PPV. ODLH stood behind the match being on PPV saying it was a good start for both of them, and says he expects 350-500k buys (quote/source below). So what do y'all think? Can it do that many?

Also, what is the general opinion of the matchup.. is Lemieux an improvement from Monroe? Can he win?

"When you talk about getting bang for your buck it doesn't get any better than this," De La Hoya said. "When you think about the pay-per-view numbers we're being real here. This is not a million-selling pay-per-view. We're thinking along the lines of between 350,000 and 500,000 buys. You have to start somewhere, and this is a perfect fight for both guys to start off on pay-per-view. Obviously, we are going to stack the card like there's no tomorrow. We want to give the fans bang for their buck."
                    http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...fication-fight

Will Floyd-Berto flop? SMH, this site man, I swear.

Comment

Working...
                    X