No announcement yet.

Amir Khan vs Lamont Peterson II

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amir Khan vs Lamont Peterson II

I've been saying for a while that this fight would happen. Khan has confirmed it's in his sights and Lamont Peterson fits the criteria completely:

- less than 50% KO ratio
    - Coming off losses to other welterweights or lightwelterweights
    - Not at the top of his career
    - Someone people know, but don't care about
    - Former light welterweight

Khan originally said he was never fighting Peterson again, after Peterson was found to have test pellets in his system. But after the rest of the top welterweights amassed a KO ratio of more than 50% (except for Floyd who's on 54%), his options are really running out.

He's already taken care of a number of low hanging fruits and bigged them up as beasts like Devon Alexander, Luis Collazo and Chris Algieri who all fall in under all of the categories above (except Collazo is a true WW), so now he's targeting the next in line - Peterson.

So this fight is likely to happen in November/December.

What do you feel about this next cherrypick from Khan? Is this the fight that will get him Mayweather?

http://boxingjunkie.com/2015/05/27/a...mont-peterson/

Obsessed. Have you forgotten that the rematch was scheduled and then cancelled due to Lamont's PED use. Apparently all I do is talking about Khan, hypocrite much? Brook will probably have to fight Chaves or Alexander soon, so don't put your foot in it, I'd hate to see you back track.

Comment

I like it when guys try to avenge losses. Peterson would have a good shot, might even stop him this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Salim_Shady View Post
        Obsessed. Have you forgotten that the rematch was scheduled and then cancelled due to Lamont's PED use. Apparently all I do is talking about Khan, hypocrite much? Brook will probably have to fight Chaves or Alexander soon, so don't put your foot in it, I'd hate to see you back track.
        Why are you bringing up Brook? This has nothing to do with him.

Also, read through the post again regard "PED use"

Comment

Khan is getting more irrelevant by fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Greed. View Post
            I like it when guys try to avenge losses. Peterson would have a good shot, might even stop him this time.
            Judging from khan's last performance, Peterson would have a very good chance. His kryptonite is punching power, Khan is featherfisted, so it would be interesting to see if Peterson could walk through Khan's punches like he did last time.

Comment

Ehh, I'm moderately intrigued by that fight

Comment

Khan has a ton of options. Peterson rematch, Maidana rematch, Garcia rematch alone all have tons of intrigue behind them.

Comment

I got Peterson taking this one

Comment

I like Peterson's chances assuming that their is a decent ref on hand.

Comment

Working...
                    X