Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Does Gennady Golovkin Fear Greatness?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
    Same reason why Floyd needed a CW against Canelo and not Cotto
    Because he wants to get every advantage he can
    Fawk Larry your blindness is almost insulting
    But Canelo is bigger then Cotto right?? Chavez Jr and Froch are both bigger then Ward so that makes no sense

Comment

Originally posted by BertoRollin' View Post
      Damn. You caught MAD feelings. Sensitive type. Take some time to cool off.
      He's actually right though. I knew the responds that would come in this thread. I knew which posters would defend Ward and go against GGG. It's become super predicable now in days.

Comment

Great thread. Very well thought out.

The answer seems very obvious to anyone with a bit of common sense. Team GGG isn't confident he'd be victorious, and don't want to hurt his future marketability. It's the same reason they won't entertain certain other fights. That in itself isn't a problem, but his team and fanboys need to stfu about him being avoided and about him being willing to face anyone from 154-168.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
          He's actually right though. I knew the responds that would come in this thread. I knew which posters would defend Ward and go against GGG. It's become super predicable now in days.
          The problem is you guys are too sensitive. The very last sentence of my opening post criticizes Ward but you guys conveniently ignore it and label it as a GGG bashing thread.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
            Thank you thats all i wanted to hear
            Slowly starting to uncover the truth

Comment

Ward isn't worth the 8lbs, it's pretty simple. Besides that Golovkin isn't putting on that weight in time, he's not draining to make 160 and would be stronger at 168 or somethin like that. At the weigh-in he'd likely come in around 161-162 with Ward at 167. On fight night they'd be bigger but Golovkin would still likely be heavily outweighed, be at a length and height disadvantage, all for what? Ward isn't going to bring him what Froch would have.

Ward should make some concessions also, like repeated a million times, he's not worth risking everything for. I doubt Golovkin even gets that much credit if he does beat him, I've already seen people bring up how Ward is vulnerable right now since he's been off since 2013 and his latest fight was Paul Smith. He's not on some roll.

I have no idea why Ward "fans"(not even sure I can call them that) are so against Ward accepting a catchweight(I'm not talking about 164, that's bullsht).

So it's like Natas said, you give it around a year and there will be more incentive to take that risk.
              Last edited by SplitSecond; 07-23-2015, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Unlike most I don't mind the hype. It's good for the sport. But fact of the matter is he should capitalize on this hype and beat Ward to become the #1 pound for pound fighter in boxing. If that happens, the hype will be insane and he will triple his value and be able to dictate terms to any future opponents.
                Yea that is the upside. There is reward with Ward I just don't think it'll be as good as the reward with Canelo. Canelo has more fans. Canelo is making more money. Canelo is a PPV caliber guy already. Canelo's name is on the 2nd biggest PPV in boxing history. Canelo is in the same division as GGG. Canelo is more beatable than Ward. Its pretty much a no brainer there is more at risk & less to gain to fight Ward. And it seems like Canelo could be lined up for GGG if he beats Cotto in a few months.

Comment

The problem is you guys are too sensitive. The very last sentence of my opening post criticizes Ward but you guys conveniently ignore it and label it as a GGG bashing thread.
                  Lol at too sensitive..... Yeah, u said what u said about Ward but the reality is this is a bashing thread of GGG. I'm sure u are aware of that but trying to act like you're not by saying that u criticized Ward too. At the end of the day, almost everyone in boxing is going after he bigger payday and doing b1tch moves in the process. From Santa Cruz to Floyd to GGG to even my favorite fighter Cotto and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                    Ward isn't worth the 8lbs, it's pretty simple. Besides that Golovkin isn't putting on that weight in time, he's not draining to make 160 and would be stronger at 168 or somethin like that. At the weigh-in he'd likely come in around 161-162 with Ward at 167. On fight night they'd be bigger but Golovkin would still likely be heavily outweighed, be at a length and height disadvantage, all for what? Ward isn't going to bring him what Froch would have.

Ward should make some concessions also, like repeated a million times, he's not worth risking everything for. I doubt Golovkin even gets that much credit if he does beat him, I've already seen people bring up how Ward is vulnerable right now since he's been off since 2013 and his latest fight was Paul Smith. He's not on some roll.

I have no idea why Ward "fans"(not even sure I can call them that) are so against Ward accepting a catchweight(I'm not talking about 164, that's bullsht).
                    That's ludicrous. If GGG beats Ward at 168 he would obviously be the p4p #1 fighter in the sport and would generate hype comparable to prime Pacquiao. I guarantee you he will be a PPV headliner from that point forward.

The problem is that Ward is too risky and a loss would take easier big money fights against smaller, more beatable fighters off the table.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
                      Lol at too sensitive..... Yeah, u said what u said about Ward but the reality is this is a bashing thread of GGG. I'm sure u are aware of that but trying to act like you're not by saying that u criticized Ward too. At the end of the day, almost everyone in boxing is going after he bigger payday and doing b1tch moves in the process. From Santa Cruz to Floyd to GGG to even my favorite fighter Cotto and so on.

Then I don't get your point. I'm criticizing the b1tch moves consistently across the board and you're crying racism. Or are you just one of those dudes always ducking the topic at hand to bring up flowmoez and negroes because you have nothing to offer?

Comment

Working...
                      X