Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Does Gennady Golovkin Fear Greatness?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just wish they would stop trying to dupe gullible fans making him out to be some monster that everyone is afraid of.

He's about taking the path of least resistance and getting paid. No different and probably a lot worse than some fighters out there.

They clearly don't want the Ward fight right now. Just admit that instead of fronting with these silly catchweight demands and other such statements which make them look stupid. They keep flip-flopping. It's been a PR disaster for them in recent weeks. If they don't get Lemiuex, it's going to get ugly for Team GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
      But they wont fight him doe right
      There has been a lot of talk about Lemieux at least.. so I'm hoping for that. Wasn't he scheduled to fight Andy Lee before.. hopefully they could make that happen. We all know Cotto/Canelo isn't possible till 2016.. and Quillin lol idk what he's doing.

Shrug, hopefully they'd find a way to make at least one of those next. I guess I can take a fight with Heiland or Johnson if need be but not sure how many more of those I got in me. EDIT: But if that Heiland or Johnson fight were to be next... I might not even log onto this site for a while lol. Going to be a thread twice the size of the current Ward/GGG roadblocked over weight thread full with 90% people ****tin on 3G.
      Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 07-23-2015, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
        He has come in at 170+ come fight time before.

It's a non issue.
        if they were in fact the same weight then they would fight in the same division. ward could just as easily cut 8 lbs and fight golovkin at middleweight as golovkin could supposedly cut 8 lbs after fighting ward to return to mw and fight alvarez. but that's not how it works, is it? clearly the ~170 lbs that the two of them weigh on fight night is distributed differently. the fact of the matter is that there is a size imbalance and for that reason the fight can only happen when it is ready to happen, demanding otherwise is futile unless roc nation can somehow make golovkin an offer that he can't refuse or ward compromises on the weight issue in order to take some of the strain off of golovkin

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          I just wish they would stop trying to dupe gullible fans making him out to be some monster that everyone is afraid of.

They clearly don't want the Ward fight right now. Just admit that instead of fronting with these silly catchweight demands and other such statements which make them look stupid. They keep flip-flopping. It's been a PR disaster for them in recent weeks. If they don't get Lemiuex, it's going to get ugly for Team GGG.
          All I want to hear is "Ward is a risky fight, if we lose it would set back our progress tremendously and possibly take big money fights against Mayweather, Canelo and Cotto off the table. Therefore, we would prefer to make as much money as we can at 160 before moving up."

I am perfectly fine with that response. But there is no logical reason in the world to not jump at the opportunity to become the #1 p4p fighter in the sport of boxing when you have that chance and you believe you can do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post

He's about taking the path of least resistance and getting paid. No different and probably a lot worse than some fighters out there.

You haven't heard?

Apparently, a fight with Lemieux is bigger for the sport of boxing then a Ward fight.

Yeah.

It's gotten that bad.

Comment

I am getting bored of this now. I am just going to sit back and wait if this fight happens and not get involved in this **** talk with forum groupies back and forth.

Comment

Originally posted by BertoRollin' View Post
                There we go. Now we're getting the answer I was looking for. He isn't taking the Ward fight because he fears losing. By the end of 2015, GGG can stand as the #1 pound for pound boxer in the sport of boxing but he won't grasp at the opportunity because he fears losing.
                No, you found what you wanted to see because I clearly stated it he were to win he could lose his mandatory position as well (the wbc isn't kind to those who win other belts in a different weight classes, hell even in the same weight class (this is the reason Matthysse fought Peterson at a catchweight in a non title fight since the WBC would have revoked his mandatory position to Garcia of he won the belt)).

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                  Please it's 8 pounds and Floyd been doing it for years going to 147 and 154...GGG is great doe
                  what do you want me to say, that golovkin isn't as good as mayweather? because that is obvious to everyone and if that's the point you're trying to prove then you might as well save your breath and go do something else. mayweather also had more incentives to fight at 154 lbs than golovkin currently has to fight at 168 lbs, for the record

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
                    No, you found what you wanted to see because I clearly stated it he were to win he could lose his mandatory position as well (the wbc isn't kind to those who win other belts in a different weight classes, hell even in the same weight class (this is the reason Matthysse fought Peterson at a catchweight in a non title fight since the WBC would have revoked his mandatory position to Garcia of he won the belt)).
                    If he wins he's the #1 pound for pound fighter in the sport of boxing. Who cares about his mandatory position at that stage?

He wouldn't need Canelo. He would BE the new Canelo. Froch would probably come out of retirement to challenge him in that case.

Comment

GGG is already great. GGG fans know he is great and GGG haters will still hate him if he goes to 168 and knocks Ward out. He put a fair 50 50 offer on the table for Ward. He said he would split the money evenly with Ward and fight Ward at a weight limit of 164 which is exactly half way between 168 and 160. Does Ward fear greatness? GGG doesn't need to go to 168 to convince the vast majority of boxing fans he is a great fighter. All he needs to do is to continue knocking out the best middleweights who dare to fight him. If he beat Ward at 168 then you would ask why he doesn't go to 175 and fight Crusher. GGG is a middleweight and a smaller one at that. Let him stay at his proper weight and find a middleweight who can beat him if you can.

Comment

Working...
                      X