Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Does Gennady Golovkin Fear Greatness?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andre Ward said he'd drop to 160 for Mayweather. Sorry see that's already in the other thread. Ugh I'm starting not to care anymore.
    Last edited by TheStranger; 07-23-2015, 04:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guerrero's Dad View Post
      Who seriously gives a **** about all that? You guys get so hung up on all these external factors that have little relevance to real life and the actual mechanics of the sport.

No, it's not weak to admit you don't want to give all the concessions to a (special, IMHO) fighter like Ward.

All this stuff about him being fearless and destroying everyone....who cares? It's nothing more than trying to build a profile. We all know it's hyperbole. Getting mad at the hype machine surrounding a fighter is kinda ridiculous, as everything is overblown because of the need to sell and appeal to a larger market/fanbase. This is boxing - only two fighters in the sport have a mainstream profile.

Stop getting mad at hype machines and external factors. Take a step back, a deep breath and see the situation for what it is, rather than blowing a lid because a fighter asked another to meet him a half-way catchweight.
      It shows that Golovkin obviously isn't as good as he, his team and fans claim him to be. He's happy to flounder in mediocrity at middleweight and not challenge himself against the Ward at his best weight.

And it's not just Ward. They poured cold water on a fight against James DeGale because he isn't a PPV fighter. They said "maybe Bernard Hopkins in the future" lol. And Lara, who is smaller, is also never pursued as an option.

His team are full of excuses when presented with potentially problematic opponents.

Of course they'll jump at an inexperienced, face first brawler like Lemiuex who has already shown severe flaws in his game. He has a title so I don't mind the fight for that reason but let's have it real, it's an easy fight.

Comment

• Why because it's a criticism of a fighter you like
        No. I love both fighters, and am not predisposed to taking one side over the other. I can actually distance myself and view this situation from a non-emotional prism. Can you?

They know exactly what they're doing. They are throwing out a condition that they know Ward will not agree to because they don't want the fight.
        Ward has every right to disagree, and he will. Guess what? It doesn't take the fight off the table. The fight IS going to happen, and is getting closer and closer.

So he's not confident that he can beat Andre Ward at his best.
        Why does he have to be? Pretty much everyone universally favours Ward to win anyway.

So he's not confident he can beat Andre Ward at his best
        Why does he have to be? Pretty much everyone universally favours Ward to win anyway.

Floyd and Pac were on their 5/8th weight divisions. Not similar at all.
        Lame excuse. They pulled the CW cos they has the leverage to do so. Mayweather brought up JMM 2 divisions. What has that got to do with his own climb in weight? Where does Ward's fight against Dawson come into this? Or Porter-Broner? Because GGG is in a weight class that suits him and hasn't jumped 8 weight divisions (to Heavyweight), he is forbidden from asking from catchweight against a guy who is naturally bigger than him? The catchweight thing is never going to ever come into play but the mere fact that he threw it out there means he fears greatness?

Catchweights were appropriate BEFORE the introduction of junior weight classes. For example, I fight at 147 you fight at 135, we're the top 2 in the sport, let's meet at 140. Nowadays it's stupid.
        If they can make two fighters meet, they can be just fine. In this case, I wouldn't want to see it but if Ward was OK with it....**** it, let's make the fight.

So he's not confident that he can beat Andre Ward at his best.
        Again, why does he have to be? Should he pretend Andre Ward is not a truly brilliant fighter who he is taking a huge risk to jump in weight against?

You gave me the answer I was looking for. You're #3 or 4 at this point.
        That's good.

Comment

• Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
          I just dont get why he needs a catchweight for Ward but not Froch or Chavez jr...makes 0 sense to me
          Think about it, Golovkin has never ever been underdog in any of his 33 pro fights. Not because he is a great fighter but because he has been fighting average fighters, and he is a good fighter himself. Ward is a great fighter, GGG will be underdog against Ward. They are simply not condifent in themselves to beat Ward so they are asking for a cw that Ward can't make at this point, and Ward will reject and Team GGG will go on to the next stop in the hype train. Meanwhile you got GGG cum slurpers falsely comparing the current MW picture to the SMW Super 6 regarding competetiveness, which is clearly nuts. But regardless, GGG is a great spot, he has his fans backing his every cowardly move and he doesn't have to ever fight a challenge, and if one does arise he just comes up with "Not enough money" or "Come down in weight and we fight" and his fans chant his name and repeats what he says. GGG is comfortable knowing the two best names around his weight class are guys that have never even made the full 160lb weight limit and lineal champ of 160 weighed in at 153lbs on the scales and is 5'7".

Comment

• gennady golovkin's fanboys fear andre ward, particularly at 168 lbs.

Comment

• this fight is going to be huge, huge, huge.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheStranger View Post
                Andre Ward said he'd drop to 160 for Mayweather. Sorry see that's already in the other thread. Ugh I'm starting not to care anymore.
                Yeah like 2 and a half years ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  Yeah like 2 and a half years ago.
                  And he wasn't even serious....

But the gullible groupies are clinging onto this hard.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    They are simply not condifent in themselves to beat Ward so they are asking for a cw that Ward can't make at this point
                    You have to love it when someone who has been arguing for years that Ward and GGG are the same size begins to argue that Ward can't possibly meet him halfway.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
                      this fight is going to be huge, huge, huge.

It's never going to happen.

Comment

Working...
                      X