Comments Thread For: Andre Ward-Gennady Golovkin Roadblocked Over Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two wrongs dont make a right.....

Originally posted by techliam View Post
    It's a recipe that other fighters have used. (Fighting one fighter at the full weight, and others at a catchweight)
    The correct reply was.....
    " others have done the same thing, and it is completely unacceptable "

Why should GGG be held to different standards?
    Fine, if Golovkin wishes to follow the same low standards that have been set by others, then I will hold him to those.

So, Gennady is not a killer, he is not a P4P fighter, and he will not take on all comers, like he has stated..... instead he will pick and choose, and he does not appear to want to test himself against world-class opposition in order to craft a top resume'.

Fine, then I will hold him to those standards !

#hypejob

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
      The correct reply was.....
      " others have done the same thing, and it is completely unacceptable "

Fine, if Golovkin wishes to follow the same low standards that have been set by others, then I will hold him to those.

So, Gennady is not a killer, he is not a P4P fighter, and he will not take on all comers, like he has stated..... instead he will pick and choose, and he does not appear to want to test himself against world-class opposition in order to craft a top resume'.

Fine, then I will hold him to those standards !

#hypejob
      If you fans are happy with that from your guy, then go knock yourself out.

I expect more than that from my guy.

Mayweather selecting Berto, is completely unacceptable.

You dont see me trying to justify that bullshht do you ?

Fine, so Golovkin will fight Froch at 68, Golovkin will fight Chavez at 68, and Golovkin will fight Ward at 64..... fine !

Comment

If you fans are happy with that from your guy, then go knock yourself out.

I expect more than that from my guy.

Mayweather selecting Berto, is completely unacceptable.

You dont see me trying to justify that bullshht do you ?

Fine, so Golovkin will fight Froch at 68, Golovkin will fight Chavez at 68, and Golovkin will fight Ward at 64..... fine !
        What me and you want, and what Golovkin realistically can do in this shameful business dominated era of boxing is a lot different

If boxing was what we both wanted, there wouldnt be 5 champions per division and a horde of corrupt promoters like Arum and Haymon

I dont blame Golovkin for the environment he is in. I blame the sport and the parasites around him, along with fans who keep the corrupt practices afloat with their wallets. If conditions were better, GGG and SOG may have already fought already, especially if GGG knew he'd get props for fighting a clearly bigger guy, whose talents are beyond repute

Comment

• the weight is really not the issue...it's Mister 164's testicles....they're not big enough

Comment

• Originally posted by techliam View Post
            What me and you want, and what Golovkin realistically can do in this shameful business dominated era of boxing is a lot different
            I agree !

So Team Golovkin should stop talking shht !

If boxing was what we both wanted, there wouldnt be 5 champions per division and a horde of corrupt promoters like Arum and Haymon
            Amen to that !

I dont blame Golovkin for the environment he is in. I blame the sport and the parasites around him, along with fans who keep the corrupt practices afloat with their wallets. If conditions were better, GGG and SOG may have already fought already, especially if GGG knew he'd get props for fighting a clearly bigger guy, whose talents are beyond repute
            Fair call, but I can assure you that Golovkin himself is just as much to blame.

I want identical standards, and a fair fight.

Team Golovkin know that Ward cant make 164.

And now, despite being the B-side, Team Golovkin do not want a catchweight for Cotto, who weighed 153 in his last fight.

Fcuk them b1tches !

Comment

It's a recipe that other fighters have used. (Fighting one fighter at the full weight, and others at a catchweight)

Why should GGG be held to different standards? I don't expect a justified response
              His team said they would fight anyone from 154 to 168. I'm simply holding them to their own words.

When it comes to facing Canelo at 154 and Ward at 168 it has become clear that Team GGG didn't really mean what they said. They were duplicitous.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                His team said they would fight anyone from 154 to 168. I'm simply holding them to their own words.

When it comes to facing Canelo at 154 and Ward at 168 it has become clear that Team GGG didn't really mean what they said. They were duplicitous.
                I personally just see it as trash talking, but yeah if you want to see it that way, GGG shouldn't have said it. A lot of fighters shouldn't say things, and then proceed to do totally different things. Check my example that you seemingly disliked for further reference

Comment

• I personally just see it as trash talking, but yeah if you want to see it that way, GGG shouldn't have said it. A lot of fighters shouldn't say things, and then proceed to do totally different things. Check my example that you seemingly disliked for further reference
                  You're absolutely right, a lot of fighters go back on their word. Boxing is a business after all so I'm not mad at GGG for doing what's in his best interest. That being said, I wish his trainer and manager would shut the **** up about Ward if there are no real intentions to fight him.

Comment

I personally just see it as trash talking, but yeah if you want to see it that way, GGG shouldn't have said it. A lot of fighters shouldn't say things, and then proceed to do totally different things. Check my example that you seemingly disliked for further reference
                    Originally posted by firstborn View Post
                    You're absolutely right, a lot of fighters go back on their word. Boxing is a business after all so I'm not mad at GGG for doing what's in his best interest. That being said, I wish his trainer and manager would shut the **** up about Ward if there are no real intentions to fight him.
                    I cant agree with you guys on this one, and I dont think I'm being picky.

" anyone from 154-168 "

That was not an off-handed comment, or a throwaway phrase that was not to be taken seriously.....

That " take on anyone " strategy has been a central point of the marketing campaign that Team Golovkin have used to gain hype/exposure within the industry over the last 3-4 years.

If that PR/marketing comment was not 100% accurate, then the word fake springs to mind.

Why should I believe anything they say ever again ?

After stating that they will fight anyone from 154-168, and after propositioning Froch/Chavez, I expected them to fight Ward..... at 168.

Now, how do I know if they will even fight him at 164 ?

They said one thing, then they back-tracked and said something else.

If not fake, what should I call that ?

Comment

I cant agree with you guys on this one, and I dont think I'm being picky.

" anyone from 154-168 "

That was not an off-handed comment, or a throwaway phrase that was not to be taken seriously.....

That " take on anyone " strategy has been a central point of the marketing campaign that Team Golovkin have used to gain hype/exposure within the industry over the last 3-4 years.

If that PR/marketing comment was not 100% accurate, then the word fake springs to mind.

Why should I believe anything they say ever again ?

After stating that they will fight anyone from 154-168, and after propositioning Froch/Chavez, I expected them to fight Ward..... at 168.

Now, how do I know if they will even fight him at 164 ?

They said one thing, then they back-tracked and said something else.

If not fake, what should I call that ?
                      Just a couple of points

GGG is marketable because he's a KO artist - knockouts sell. I don't think the entire GGG hype machine is all down to the 'take on anyone' strategy as you put it, though it may have helped. It may well be fake, or economical with the truth, because its there to generate publicity. Lots of boxers/teams/promoters do it. I remember Ward saying he wants to fight at Heavyweight (prompting the comparisons to RJJ), but actions speak louder than words

Which leads to the second point. Why should you believe anything they say? I think you're aware and intelligent enough to make a rational decision on the things they say, believing everything or disregarding everything isn't the brightest route the follow. Obviously Team GGG are going to be extremely biased or exaggerative in most of their approaches, in order to benefit their fighter. I'd take 99% of their claims with a truck load of salt.

Comment

Working...
                      X