Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deontay Wilder vs. Andrzej Wawrzyk on September 26?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StudentOfDaGame View Post
    It might be a PR stunt to make us think it's him so when they end up feeding Arreola to Wilder we'll be over the moon.
    That's what I was thinking.

Arreola's still a garbage opponent though. This hasn't changed that.

Comment

Originally posted by BWC View Post
      Povetkin fought Cedric Boswell for his first title defense. So what? Wawryck was set up as a bum fight, easy win for Sasha and it was
      Boswell wasn't actually that bad of an opponent. A lot better than Molina and Wawryck at any rate.

Comment

Originally posted by Levity View Post
        I thought that when there were rumors of Molina fighting Wilder rather than Arreola, whom was initially suspected to be the opponent, but we know what happened there.

Could be a psychological tactic to make Arreola seem more acceptable, but at the same time I wouldn't be surprised if not a **** was given and it just turned out to be Wawrzyk.
        There is that as well. I was honestly shocked when I heard Wilder might be defending against Molina and even more so when the fight actually got confirmed.

At this point I'm not sure I put anything past Wilder and his team. They're shameless.

Comment

It all adds up, then.

Typical Wilder opponent. Can you believe this guy is a CHAMPION!?

Comment

Originally posted by It's Ovah View Post
            Boswell wasn't actually that bad of an opponent. A lot better than Molina and Wawryck at any rate.
            Really. So why is Molina ranked higher than Boswell?

Comment

Originally posted by BWC View Post
              Really. So why is Molina ranked higher than Boswell?
              Boswell is retired.

Boswell was ranked MUCH higher on BoxRec when he fought Povetkin (about #15-18), than Molina was when he fought Wilder.

The WeBeCrooks rankings are meaningless. They'll put Wawrzyk there if Al Haymon tells them to.

Comment

Wawrzyk with quick return, then Wilder?

Andrew Wawrzyk will compete with Deontay Wilder of the WBC heavyweight belt?!

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                  A well-known journalist in Poland Mateusz Borek says that Wawrzyk-Wilder is very possible for September 26.

Wawrzyk is coming back after a long layoff, due to a serious auto accident last year.

https://twitter.com/BorekMati

Mateusz Borek @ BorekMati
                  Widze, ze walka Wilder VS Wawrzyk 26.09 nabiera ksztatow. Nieprzypadkowy jest jutrzejszy sparing na Legii traktowany jako oficjalna walka.

Translation:

"I see that fight Wilder VS. Wawrzyk 26.09 takes shape. It is no coincidence tomorrow sparring on the Legion will be treated as the official fight."

("on the Legion" - he refers to Wawrzyk's fight tomorrow, which was originally considered a sparring contest not recorded on Boxrec, but it will now be counted as an official fight)
                  I have never heard of this guy, so it doesn't surprise me that he may be Wilder's next opponent. Al Haymon can't take a chance on Chris Arreola landing on punch on the glass-jawed Wilder because he knows that would be the end of the Wilder dynasty.

Comment

Originally posted by KO'er View Post
                    I'd think Haymon would want somebody with more name recognition for US audiences. IMO Haymon would want Arreola more.
                    Are you serious? Do you remember Wilder's last opponent?

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                      He's not even ranked in the WBC.
                      He will suddenly be ranked number 5 after Haymon chooses him as Wilder's next opponent.

Comment

Working...
                      X