No announcement yet.

Artur Szpilka vs. Deontay Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
    If Wilder stops him in the first round or before the end of the 8th, then I'm fine with it.

Call it mismatch all you want. Not mad at it. I'd rather see Wilder vs Povetkin myself, but here we are.

I seem to remember you running your dick beaters in a nearly 6500 post thread concerning Fury-Klitschko. We saw how that turned out. So excuse me if I take your ramblings with a 2 ton bag of salt. We all get them wrong at some point.

It's a HW fight. Bad things can happen pretty quickly if you get caught flush on the chin. I mean, Cunningham was able to put Fury on his ass, but the unstoppable 90% KO rate Wlad couldn't? Well, guess what, that's HW boxing for you.
    I have to go with Scott on this one. Szpilka really has the most appalling punch resistance, and doesn't have the skill or inclination to keep his chin from getting clipped by even mediocre opponents. Yes, heavyweight boxing can be unpredictable, but there are still certain patterns that can guide you as to the likely outcome of a fight. Fury' KD by Cunningham, for example, was clearly an aberration caused by a momentary lack of concentration, and not something that was likely to be repeated. Szpilka's KDs and KOs are due to the fact that he can't get out of the way of the punches and fights in a reckless and defensively unsound manner. There's a huge difference there. Szpilka is getting stopped, and likely stopped early.

Comment

Yes, Szpilka is rubbish. Another non top 10 opponent for Bum Squad to defend his paper belt against.

Comment

Regarding the random drug testing which was supposed to be in place for this fight. Szpilka hasn't been tested yet and Wilder thinks it might not start till after the fight.

Err ... what?

“I still wait,” Szpilka simply stated during a recent media conference call in fielding a question on the subject. “I don’t know why it hasn’t begun.”

“Whether it’s pre-fight or post-fight, there will be random drug testing done,” Wilder (35-0, 34KOs) insisted.

No random testing for this one then.

- See more at: http://www.boxingscene.com/szpilka-c....mtL5eyJj.dpuf
        Last edited by kafkod; 01-08-2016, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
          “Whether it’s pre-fight or post-fight, there will be random drug testing done,” Wilder (35-0, 34KOs) insisted.
          Random post-fight drug testing?

Wilder should just keep his mouth shut, him pretending to be the clean guy is nothing but ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by TheUntouchable View Post

Wilder should just keep his mouth shut, him pretending to be the clean guy is nothing but ridiculous.
            If he juices, it seems to not affect his chicken legs at all.

LOL

Comment

Originally posted by TheUntouchable View Post

Yeah, not quite sure how that's supposed to work.

Wilder's team's approach to drug testing is extremely fishy and raises major question marks in my mind. I already had suspicions before, but this more or less confirms it. Just too much shadiness surrounding this guy.

Comment

I'm going to this so I can see how much of a fraud Wilder is LOL

Comment

Wilder better finish this in style.

Comment

Was Wilder tested for the BWARE fight ?

Comment

has ****ska mysteriously umped 7 places in any ranking lists since this fight was announced?

Comment

Working...
                      X