Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Mayweather Vs Berto master thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jubei View Post
    Time for Floyd to finally leave the sport, I mean at least Salka vs Garcia had a comedy factor, but this fight here is just trash and its on PPV for 75$. Poor casual fans that have no idea what they are paying for and being fooled by Showtime and Floyd.
    I don't think any casuals will be tuning into this fight, especially after what happened in May. I'd honestly be surprised if this PPV breaks 250K. I think Floyd would have been better off doing it on national TV for free, that way he at least gets to mask what would have been a poor PPV turnout.

Comment

• I got Berto by decision.

I don't think Mayweather's heart is in the sport anymore. I think he's a little depressed about the "Fight Of The Century" backlash. This is probably his worst training camp ever.

Meanwhile Berto's training like a mad man. This will be his Cinderella moment.

Berto SD.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike D View Post
        man I can't f**king stand it, I can't wait for this fight

berto is one of the best 22nd ranked in his division fighters in arguably the storied history of the sport

only 32 days, 3 hours, and 42 minutes left

war boxing!!!!!!!!

That's criminal. Berto's a bonafide top 10 welterweight right now.

Comment

• Why is Mayweather listed at 5'8" and Berto listed 5'6"?

They're clearly the same height.

A photo posted by Andre Berto (@andreberto) on

Comment

• Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
            Why is Mayweather listed at 5'8" and Berto listed 5'6"?

They're clearly the same height.

A photo posted by Andre Berto (@andreberto) on

Hm yeah it's definitely much closer than it is on paper.

EDIT: I'm thinking that given that Mayweather looked notably taller than Pac, who is about 5'6'' give or take, chances are Berto's height is being understated. Looks to be right around 5'8'' as well, or just shy of it.
            Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 08-11-2015, 11:29 PM.

Comment

• Mayweather is definitely 5'8'' he is small but all those guys who inflate their height always look shorter than him...i think he's actually been helped by that, some of his previous opponents must have thought he was smaller by seeing his listed height because so many people say they're taller than they actually are...Berto looks about 5'7''...

Comment

• Completely surprised people are accepting this mismatch.

Comment

• Originally posted by bowl View Post
                  Completely surprised people are accepting this mismatch.
                  How exactly are you going to stop it from happening? I'd really like to know.

Comment

• This is not the fight I wanted but I am coming to appreciate it because since the announcement I have learned that:

-Posters want the PPV to sell poorly so they have decided any good number released is fake
                    -Posters are upset Floyd is giving away a free VIP trip to see the fight
                    -Posters think Floyd needs to prove himself as a PPV seller
                    -MMA's 2 biggest stars and boxing's biggest stars (except Cotto and wlad) need to mention Floyd to get attention
                    -That Khan winning 2 world titles below WW is better than Berto winning 2 world titles at WW
                    -The last or 2nd to last fight a boxer has defines his career
                    -That you can't blame GGG when Sergio turns him down, you can't blame Kov when Stevenson turns him down, but you can blame Floyd when ODH, Shane and Manny turn him down

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                      X