Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sugar Ray Leonard won a title at Light HW, Can You Imagine A WW Doing That Now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve plunger View Post
    Well he did get caught taking steroids so all the bulking up was illegal and should not count as he was exposed.....I like jones but he cheated and you cannot count that if he was juicing
    No he did not, he took ripped fuel which is an over the counter supplement. Its a banned substance but its not a steroid and its not used for building muscle.

Comment

No disrespect to SRL but no one remembers who was the first person to run the first sub-5-minute, they remeber the first sub-four-minute mile (roger bannister) Roy Jones jr went all the way from 154lb champion to heavyweight champion, SRL went to SMW. Like I said i dont mean any disrespect to SRL but if youre gonna hand out awards for someone going up in weight to win a title, Roy Jones Jr is the ONLY one to do what he did in the history of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by MRCHOKEaMF View Post
        No disrespect to SRL but no one remembers who was the first person to run the first sub-5-minute, they remeber the first sub-four-minute mile (roger bannister) Roy Jones jr went all the way from 154lb champion to heavyweight champion, SRL went to SMW. Like I said i dont mean any disrespect to SRL but if youre gonna hand out awards for someone going up in weight to win a title, Roy Jones Jr is the ONLY one to do what he did in the history of boxing.
        Roy Jones never won a title at 154.

Comment

Hmmmm........

Roy Jones started his career at MIDDLEWEIGHT! Not Welterweight. So you are being disrespectful to SRL. Not only that, but Toney did the same thing Roy did. The only other fighter to do what SRL did from Welterweight, was Thomas Hearns I believe. He went up to Light Heavy against Virgil Hill. Remember him? He was a very good fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Hearns is 3 inches taller.

And it doesn't matter anyway Hearns started at Welterweight like Leonard and went up to Crusierweight whereas Leonard went to Super Middleweight.

Who's talking about height? Mike Tyson was 5" 9 according to many sources and there are featherweights like Amagasa who are 5" 10. Hearns dwarfs him in terms of stature.
            http://cozzone.com/wp-content/upload...resser0105.jpg

Comment

What Jones did was impressive, but it was John Ruiz not Lennox Lewis, who was the lineal champion at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
                Roy Jones never won a title at 154.
                I stand corrected, but he fought at 154 and still went on to win the Heavyweight title. Still the only person to do so in the entire history of boxing.
                Thanks

Comment

How about Whitaker winning titles from 135 to 154?

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
                    How about Whitaker winning titles from 135 to 154?
                    Thats admirable, and I liked Sweet Pea, but floyd went from 130 to 154 and fought more champions than anyone in boxing and went Undefeated doing it, he took sweet pea's defensive style and took it to another level and made boxing fans appreciate that style, became the King of PPV #1-4 top PPV's maybe even top 5 and what he got paid in his last fight will probably never be broken in sales or his payday. Oh and a little nugget, floyd used to spar with sweet pea and get the best of him. But congrats to any boxer that laces them up

Comment

Dumb F'N Post!!!!!!!!!1

Thats admirable, and I liked Sweet Pea, but floyd went from 130 to 154 and fought more champions than anyone in boxing and went Undefeated doing it, he took sweet pea's defensive style and took it to another level and made boxing fans appreciate that style, became the King of PPV #1-4 top PPV's maybe even top 5 and what he got paid in his last fight will probably never be broken in sales or his payday. Oh and a little nugget, floyd used to spar with sweet pea and get the best of him. But congrats to any boxer that laces them up

Are you serious!? Floyd took Whitaker's style to another level?? Really? You don't know boxing, man. Between this post and the previous one about Roy out-doing SRL is down right "ignore list" worthy. You sound real stupid. He used to get the best of Whitaker in sparring, ey? He made the fans appreciate his style? Floyd did all of this??? How old are you? Are you foreign? Matter of fact, you are going to the blocked list. I cannot deal with such ignorance on here any longer.

Comment

Working...
                      X