Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ducking below the waist is illegal doe!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ducking below the waist is not illegal, ducking with your face to the canvas while below the waist is though.......... Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Bram View Post
      I don't know if I've ever seen anyone warned for specifically ducking below the waistband in almost 30 years of watching boxing.

if you duck your head down and leave it there you can be stopped. this does happen. it's just not professional to keep your head ducked down like that. you can't even seen your opponent if you keep your head there. turning your head away is what somebody does when they spar before they're ready.

Comment

Just cause you post examples if people breaking the rules doesn't make it legal.
        I can videos of people clinching excessively, would that make it legal?

I can show videos of fighters landing low blows would that make it legal?

I can show you videos of people running red lights , would that make it legal?

Just cause I ref fails to do his job doesn't mean it isn't an illegal move.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob View Post
          Well Larry, I'll give you this. I did at least learn something today.

"There are some Queensbury Rules that are not considered that big of a deal, so the commissions(particularly the NSAC) choose not to include them, because they don't consider them relevant.
          Ducking below the waistline is one of them. "
          https://plus.google.com/103175171387...ts/FwsJed7ZV71
          well, that settles that.

Comment

I can't tell if a punch landed or not but if it did, it should had been ruled a KD since the ropes helped him stay up. Im talking about @1:30. And Im pretty sure a right landed there too.

PS Sweet Pea is who Floyd wishes he was.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
              Why don't you post your main Camote Floyd bending below the waist he did it like 100 times against Madaina. Maybe the other boxer needs to knee their a$$ so it gets the refs attention

Comment

Not sure what you want people to say...because everyone is doing it, its not illegal?

For the record I don't know if it is or isn't and dint care one way or the other.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob View Post
                  Well Larry, I'll give you this. I did at least learn something today.

"There are some Queensbury Rules that are not considered that big of a deal, so the commissions(particularly the NSAC) choose not to include them, because they don't consider them relevant.
                  Ducking below the waistline is one of them. "
                  https://plus.google.com/103175171387...ts/FwsJed7ZV71
                  Wait...it's illegal to talk **** to your opponent!?

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                    I can't tell if a punch landed or not but if it did, it should had been ruled a KD since the ropes helped him stay up. Im talking about @1:30. And Im pretty sure a right landed there too.

PS Sweet Pea is who Floyd wishes he was.
                    Lately you've been throwing around a lot of ignorant shit without even backing it up. Why does a fighter who at this point may arguably have the better resume, is more financially settled, clean; didn't fall into drug habits...want to be Whitaker?

Or do you mean skill wise? Even then that's an ignorant statement because Mayweather was equally as well rounded as Whitaker, and he certainly didn't showboat in very close fights either which might be the only thing I'd knock about Whitaker's game.
                    Last edited by Doctor_Tenma; 07-06-2015, 08:41 PM.

Comment

I knew they had rules in the amateurs but did not know they had this rule in the pros. If they did, what if a 5'6" fighter was facing a 6'2" fighter? He would not be allowed to duck at all?

Comment

Working...
                      X