Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dan Rafael (ESPN) DESTROYS & EXPOSES Froch (Tweets Inside)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fat, hack journalist calls professional boxing champion a coward. Yeah, ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
      Going to Froch's literal hometown, in what was generally expected to be Froch's last fight, with no clear idea as to how the ref/judges will be selected, is asking to get robbed on the scorecards. I hope and believe that British judging can be fair, but stacking the deck that much against yourself doesn't make any sense.
      I don't know why people say this. It's always an international panel of judges for fights like this. The hometown thing matters because of the crowd's influence but that's true everywhere.

In any case, I'd surprised that some people think Ward-Froch II is a worthwhile fight. The first one wasn't competitive and Ward was carrying an injury. It would be a lot of hype for a match-up where Froch is depending entirely on landing one big shot.

Golovkin is a better fight for Froch and sells better too. Kovalev is also a much more interesting fight. And why not Stevenson? A shot at the LHW lineage is a good way to go out.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
        Jack is WBC champion, and Groves is the WBC mandatory challenger; they fight at the end of August. If Groves wins (which is a possibility), you segue into Degale-Groves II in the Winter (another massive UK grudge match), with Froch sitting ringside an getting the winner for a massive stadium fight Summer 2016.

On NSB, yes the UK and US fans will go with the "good boy". In the rest of the world, not so much.

Degale's last three fights have been carried on Sky Sports; how many people in the UK have actually seen Golovkin fight?

You add that Degale-Dirrell drew a larger US audience than Golovkin has ever drawn for a fight (being on NBC definitely helped, and I'm not even all that sure about a US result either.

you are not stating facts.

degale vs direll had just over 3,000 people in attendance.

golovkin vs Rubio had over 6,000 people in attendance
        golovkin vs geale had over 8,000 people in attendance
        golovkin vs Monroe had over 12,000 people in attendance

golovkin is the hottest fighter around froch weight.

froch isn't gonna fight ward
        froch isn't gonna fight kovalev
        froch isn't gonna fight badou jack
        froch already beat groves twice

and if he wanted too fight degale, he doesn't have too wait a year too do it.
        degale is free right now

stop making excuses for the cobra

Comment

I'm not sure how difficult it is to get a fight situated out as there are a lot of behind the scenes variables, but I imagine if BOTH fighters want to make the fight, it wouldn't be all that difficult from that point on.

Obviously GGG wants ANYTHING he can get with a big name attached so we know his stance on it. Now Froch opened his mouth and it kind of sparked a flame that has the public demanding for something. I say, either take the fight or retire.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
            you are not stating facts.

degale vs direll had just over 3,000 people in attendance.

golovkin vs Rubio had over 6,000 people in attendance
            golovkin vs geale had over 8,000 people in attendance
            golovkin vs Monroe had over 12,000 people in attendance

golovkin is the hottest fighter around froch weight.

froch isn't gonna fight ward
            froch isn't gonna fight kovalev
            froch isn't gonna fight badou jack
            froch already beat groves twice

and if he wanted too fight degale, he doesn't have too wait a year too do it.
            degale is free right now

stop making excuses for the cobra
            A little correction is in order... GGG-Rubio had over 9,000 people in attendance. They had to add seating TWICE at Stub Hub to accommodate the ticket demand.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
              Exactly. I am a Froch fan but he has backed him self into a corner.

Now he has too fight ggg or retire because if he fights anyone else. The masses will say he is ducking, whether it's fair or not
              It's literally his only two options. Luckily for him he has done enough to retire happily.

Comment

Why is Fat Dan talking like he's a fighter? Froch should fold his fat ass on the G.P. alone.

Comment

So you have to be an athlete to have an opinion?? Using that logic Angelo Dundee should never of been listened to by Ali,Sugar Ray etc.
                  Instead of lapping up Frochs' infantile behaviour try applying pressure on him, like Dan Raf. to get this fight on.

Comment

Totally agree that the Ward fight is pointless, Kovoleav has all that Froch has i.e. good chin, super strong but he's bigger and slightly better technically. Stevenson would be interesting though. As for GGG.... what a fight!!

Comment

Froch's the one calling himself a WARRIOR not Rafael, ya nugget!

Comment

Working...
                      X