• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
    yea when berto was undefeated
    Damn amazing how the landscape changes

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      There's no doubt Berto would have got the fight had he won those.

Floyd also cited Berto as a possible opponent after the Cotto fight in the 30 days in May documentary.

Sam Watson said Floyd told him personally he wants Berto and it's the fight he believes will happen.

So I think you could be right. I just wish they would announce it now.
      sam said the other day, he doesn't think Floyd will retire after September

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        They are not going to bother spending so much time promoting the fight, even the #48 fight was announced too late IMO, normally a fight like that would be announced 6 or 7 months prior. This one would probably get annouced at the end of July/ beginning of August.
        Beginning of August? Surely not.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          Doesn't matter,,,,

Showtime doesn't care anymore,,, all they wanted was the canelo and manny fights... Floyd delivered and give them the #1 and #3 most lucrative fights ever

People claim floyd had to do 1.2 million buys to break even, that's 7.2 million buys during the lifetime of contract,, canelo was 2.2, manny was like 4.4, that's 6.6 right there, plus 2 Maidana fights and ghost and showtime is well over 9 million PPv buys...
          CBS and floyd probably know his next one will flop, especially after the manny fight being such a dud... But on regular CBS, it would be a huge event, regardless if it's vs Berto or mayfield... Plus it would be a test run for CBS to see how big a fight for pbc can be and what type of minster ratings it could draw...
          manny and floyd was a joint ppv for hbo and showtime, its not as much as you think for them(but a lot for manny and floyd)

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1836 View Post
            manny and floyd was a joint ppv for hbo and showtime, its not as much as you think for them(but a lot for manny and floyd)
            True but you get the point... CBS/showtime have already scored as much PPv money as they can off floyd... Long term if CBS is really interested in airing boxing on network TV, seeing how many viewers tune in for floyd is a good way to determine the ratings ceiling for big time boxing

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
              Damn amazing how the landscape changes
              before he lost to Ortiz, berto had the WBC title for 3 years

Comment

Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
                sam said the other day, he doesn't think Floyd will retire after September

Yeah I saw that one too.

I still think he will though.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                  Was Floyd Berto talked about years ago?
                  Oh yeah it certainly was.

When Berto-Mosley was signed the winner was set to fight Floyd. And Berto was the favoirite to win that although I was picking Mosley.

Then he was always the "next opponent". Ortiz and Guererro were supposed to be easy wins for him.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    Yeah I saw that one too.

I still think he will though.
                    My feeling is that floyd will retire for at least a year, but the money and more importantly the spotlight, will bring floyd back by 2017...

I don't think he will be like lennox and walk away for good,,, he will be like Ray leonard and comeback.. Spotlight is very addicting

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                      My feeling is that floyd will retire for at least a year, but the money and more importantly the spotlight, will bring floyd back by 2017...

I don't think he will be like lennox and walk away for good,,, he will be like Ray leonard and comeback.. Spotlight is very addicting
                      how many great fighters retire on a win and never comeback?

they usually retire after a lost

Comment

Working...
                      X