Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Free boxing on regular television how in the world is that bad?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These HBO fools are hilarious. PBC has put Thurman-Guerrero, Garcia-Peterson, Broner-Porter, Dirrell-DeGale, Khan-Algieri, etc. on broadcast and cable television not only putting fights on free TV, but also exposing casual fans to the sport in an attempt to cultivate the sport's following.

Meanwhile, what has your $10-15 per month for HBO gotten you? Kovalev-Pascal and Canelo-Kirkland? Half of you foreign twats want boxing to fail in America because you get off on it. ****ing b*tches.

Comment

Bad production values, poor matchmaking and the fact that has burned bridges with a lot of people in the sport therefore denying us good matches is the reason ppl hate PBC and Haymon.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        it's created yet another fued. Haymon vs HBO, which is another barrier preventing HBO fighters from fighting PBC fighters.

HBO banned Haymon and fired Kerry Davis, the guy at HBo that worked most closely with Al.

If you were Al, how would you have responded?
        And why did those things happen, because all was going so well? Cause and effect, my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
          And why did those things happen, because all was going so well? Cause and effect, my friend.
          Again, what did you want Haymon to do once this happened? what would you have done?

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
            These HBO fools are hilarious. PBC has put Thurman-Guerrero, Garcia-Peterson, Broner-Porter, Dirrell-DeGale, Khan-Algieri, etc. on broadcast and cable television not only putting fights on free TV, but also exposing casual fans to the sport in an attempt to cultivate the sport's following.

Meanwhile, what has your $10-15 per month for HBO gotten you? Kovalev-Pascal and Canelo-Kirkland? Half of you foreign twats want boxing to fail in America because you get off on it. ****ing b*tches.
            I'm guessing you're too broke to afford hbo because if you did, you'd realize they show more than just boxing. That's what you're paying for. Probably 50 cents of the monthly fee goes towards boxing. Terrible argument, ******.

Comment

it's created yet another fued. Haymon vs HBO, which is another barrier preventing HBO fighters from fighting PBC fighters.

HBO banned Haymon and fired Kerry Davis, the guy at HBo that worked most closely with Al.

If you were Al, how would you have responded?
              Couple things:

Why do you think that happened in the first place? Because HBO simply didn't want to work with Haymon? Or was it a direct result of Haymon's strong arm tactics and blackmail? At that time he already migrated all of his fighters to showtime anyway.

Since then, HBO has been willing to work with Haymon. They've stated they'll work with him, provided it's financially possible (meaning they aren't going to overpay like crazy for a Haymon guy). Haymon hasn't shown any indication of willing to work with HBO though. He's in direct competition with HBO.

Comment

Again, what did you want Haymon to do once this happened? what would you have done?
                The reason Al was banned from HBO is because he wanted his fighters getting paid huge amounts of money for mismatches. Ask what happened when those matches became real fights: Berto got exposed, Broner was exposed among many others. Then he had the audacity to make HBO pay in the millions for fights like Ward vs Rodriguez.

Comment

I understand they have been mostly lackluster fights, but IMHO it's an attempt at bringing boxing back to the mainstream. Although right now it may not be the best fights out there, once it builds momentum it can get better.

What I don't understand is the complaint that PBC is trying to monopolize a market that no other organization seemed very interested in going after.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
                    Couple things:

Why do you think that happened in the first place? Because HBO simply didn't want to work with Haymon? Or was it a direct result of Haymon's strong arm tactics and blackmail? At that time he already migrated all of his fighters to showtime anyway.

Since then, HBO has been willing to work with Haymon. They've stated they'll work with him, provided it's financially possible (meaning they aren't going to overpay like crazy for a Haymon guy). Haymon hasn't shown any indication of willing to work with HBO though. He's in direct competition with HBO.
                    Strong arm tactics and blackmail-geez Natas. That's a little strong. My guess is the truth lies somewhere in between. That isn't true at all, Broner for example was still "Mr. HBO".

Come on Man, you know as well as I do that HBO doesn't want to work with Al because he is competing with them. Is Al supposed to say, "Ok I will do it your way". Of course not. he is trying to make money same way others that work with HBO are.

You didn't tell me what you would do if you were in Al's position. Would you do it the way HBO wants?

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post

Ah, but the same guy who denied us Kovalev vs Stevenson, Stevenson vs either Hopkins or Pascal, Broner vs Matthysse, Quillen vs Korobov, ect, is the one who's likely going to continue to do so. These other fights we are getting on PBC are mere consolation prizes and not quite the barn-burners we want.

Comment

Working...
                      X