Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people still care about Championship belts?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do people still care about Championship belts?

I dont get why people care if someone has a champion belt or not in this day in age. Floyd Mayweather is the best WW right now, so he is the champion. Why do people care who the WBO champion is or that brook has a championship belt, if your not the best in the division, then you are not the champion. It lost its meaning. The best fighter in the division is champion, the rest are not. The belts mean nothing.

i agree sir.
    belts are so meaningless.
    WE the FANS decide whos the CHAMP!!

Comment

Your right. However this sport as a business...We know who owns all the Light Heavy belts for example. Then in South Africa Tommy O has the IBO belt. He is not deserving of a fight with Kovalev or Stevensen however the business end will get hi one if he keeps his head on right.

it's all about the biz

Comment

Is this a not so subtle attempt trying to justify Khan not fighting Brook?

Comment

Why do people still care about wins and losses? We can tell who will win a fight just by watching them train.

No need for fights now. We just determine the best by their training videos.

Comment

I still kind of like it. I mean if it's a good fight, it doesn't need a belt. And the 4 belts (more with Super-champs ect) really water thing down. But, i still enjoy watching a fighter i like winning a new title. Especially for the first time.

I know some fighters are sort of beyond belts now. But i think most see it as a goal, an achievement. Then there's the higher purse splits that come with it.

It would be great if went to 1 champion per division. Unfortunately, that will never happen though. Too much money to be made.

Comment

belts still matter, the WBC belt.

Thats is the only belt the fighters really want.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw93 View Post
                I dont get why people care if someone has a champion belt or not in this day in age. Floyd Mayweather is the best WW right now, so he is the champion. Why do people care who the WBO champion is or that brook has a championship belt, if your not the best in the division, then you are not the champion. It lost its meaning. The best fighter in the division is champion, the rest are not. The belts mean nothing.
                Not every division is as easy to pick as the ww division, where there is one clear champion. At light middleweight for instance, who would be top dog? We know who the top dogS are because of the belts they hold, the same with lightweight, superfeather and feather weight where the divisions haven't yet been cleared out or the best havent always fought the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
                  I still kind of like it. I mean if it's a good fight, it doesn't need a belt. And the 4 belts (more with Super-champs ect) really water thing down. But, i still enjoy watching a fighter i like winning a new title. Especially for the first time.

I know some fighters are sort of beyond belts now. But i think most see it as a goal, an achievement. Then there's the higher purse splits that come with it.

It would be great if went to 1 champion per division. Unfortunately, that will never happen though. Too much money to be made.
                  HAha i love ur signature hahjahja LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by CANELOLUJAH View Post
                    belts still matter, the WBC belt.

Thats is the only belt the fighters really want.
                    LOL not really, the WBA is still as historically relevant as the WBC.

Comment

Working...
                    X