Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Khan's 4 Opponents At 147 Superior To Brook & Thurman's Career Opposition At 147?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
    lol

-Julio Diaz won a lightweight belt nearly eight years before the Khan fight, a fight that he took at the age of 34, 15 years into his professional career.
    -Chris Algieri stepped up to his first fight as a top 140lber (won the fight), only to get utterly washed in his secod meaningful fight

Collazo and Alexander are fine

Brook beating Porter is arguably a better win than any fight Khan has ever been in, let alone limiting things to just 147.

quit trying to trick people; not worth the effort
    Algieri's loss to Pacquiao looks worse than it was because the ref counted lots of slips as knockdowns. We can see from the replays that most of them were slips so if you take away those bad calls by the ref, Algieri's performance wasn't as bad as all that. He lost a lot of rounds/points due to slipping on water - some of those rounds he would have won if the ref hadn't ruled knockdowns. The judge has to then give Pac the round, regardless of whether Algieri did better in the round overall. Not to mention the psychological impact Algieri had to endure by losing rounds due to slipping on water.

You say Brook beating Porter is better than any Khan 147 win but I'll say again, Julio Diaz got a draw with Porter and most people thought Diaz won. Porter needed 2 fights to figure out and beat Diaz while Khan beat him in one fight. So either you're severely overrating Porter or you're severely underrating Diaz.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
      Khan has only had 4 fights above the light welterweight limit but overall has he fought better opposition at the weight than both Brook and Thurman who have had 60 fights combined?

Khan's opponents above 140 are ALL former world champions: Julio Diaz, Luis Collazo, Devon Alexander, Chris Algieri

Brook
      notable opponent at 147: Shawn Porter

Thurman notable opponents at 147: Robert Guerrero, Julio Diaz + (arguably) Carlos Quitana, Diego Chaves.

So there we have it.
      Spot on, although Brook's best win trumps the best win of the other guys but that's not a big difference. I know this all has to do with who "deserves" the Mayweather fight and imo it goes down like this:

1. Bradley
      2. Brook
      3. Khan
      4. Thurman/Porter

Comment

Alexander is probably Khan's best win at WW. Porter for Brook. Guerrero or Chaves for Thurman.
        I'd say Brook has the win over the toughest opponent.

Comment

Tell Khan to grow some balls and fight someone like Thurman, Brook, Bradley or Porter if he ever wants to be regonized as a top welterweight. They would all fight him but he is scared to **** and all he has is stuttering some excuses. What does it say to you?

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
            Algeri-0 wins at 147

Collazo-wayyy past prime and was never a top fighter

Alexander-good win

Julio Diaz??? is a ****ing lightweight who hasnt won a fight since 2012 and still dropped Khan like a pile of ****
            ^^^^^^

Could not have put it better myself.

Comment

My List of pathetic dumb b1tches:
              1)Spoon23
              2)Rath
              3)Flatline

Comment

LOL @ the idea of Khan ever being P4P #1.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
                  Algieri's loss to Pacquiao looks worse than it was because the ref counted lots of slips as knockdowns. We can see from the replays that most of them were slips so if you take away those bad calls by the ref, Algieri's performance wasn't as bad as all that. He lost a lot of rounds/points due to slipping on water - some of those rounds he would have won if the ref hadn't ruled knockdowns. The judge has to then give Pac the round, regardless of whether Algieri did better in the round overall. Not to mention the psychological impact Algieri had to endure by losing rounds due to slipping on water.

You say Brook beating Porter is better than any Khan 147 win but I'll say again, Julio Diaz got a draw with Porter and most people thought Diaz won. Porter needed 2 fights to figure out and beat Diaz while Khan beat him in one fight. So either you're severely overrating Porter or you're severely underrating Diaz.
                  Only one slip in Pac-Algieri.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy 23 View Post
                    My List of pathetic dumb b1tches:
                    1)Spoon23
                    2)Rath
                    3)Flatline
                    I think it's time you changed your tampon.

Comment

nope.
                      brook win over porter is better than anything amir done at 147.

Comment

Working...
                      X