Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Errol Spence vs Robert Guerrero on Floyds undercard.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
    I see Spence stopping Guerrero at this point. Guerrero has too much wear and tear on him.

Spence is a very good body puncher and Guerrero doesn't take it too well to the body, he will wear Guerrero down and stop him.

I think Spence would be better off fighting Bundu. Now that's a fight I think would go the distance. Bundu is a very awkward and tricky fighter and, tough as nails as well.
    I agree. Spence will win by stoppage. I really think Guerrero should retire. I enjoyed watching his career but he has too many miles on his body. Spence will use him for target practice and I wouldn't want to see that.

Comment

guerrero just got $1 million to fight a slob in front of 50 people. No way Floyd gives up enough money for guerrero to face spence......

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingLegend89' View Post
        Cant think of any other fight for errol spence. Guerrero is coming of a win, hes not a hard puncher, has good condition, good chin and will make spence go 12 rounds for sure.

Thurman and Maidana are too risky fighters for spence right now and both can punch

I understand floyd really believes in spence but at the same time we dont know how hes going to react once he gets hit flush....

Best scenario would be either Spence v Guerrero, Spence vs Porter or Spence vs Ali (in that order), then, assuming spence wins we can have Thurman vs Spence next year

Thoughts?
        Guerrero looked terrible in his last fight, and putting him in with Spence in September makes no sense (don't really think that Guerrero is done just yet; personally think that jumping into a fight after that grueling fight with Keith Thurman in three months did him a disservice, and throwing him in with Errol Spence Jr another three months after another grueling fight doesn't help anyone either).

If the plan is to have Spence Jr fight on Floyd's undercard, the best option would actually be Andre Berto, imo (Berto would have had 6 months between fights come fight night, Berto has shown that shown world level ability, and his mindset is to bring the fight).

Heck, Spence vs Mayfield would be a good fight too (Mayfield doesn't have the talent level of Spence, but his rough-and-tumble way of fighting could make for a fight like Mayweather-Augustus ended up being).

Comment

That would be a bad match up. Guerrero was out of action for a while, then Thurman beat him up and only his big heart and determination keep him upright at the end. Then he fights a huge underdog and almost got KO'd by a non power puncher. He shouldn't fight until closer to the end of the year so he can rest, if he fights a young fresh fighter like Spence his career would be over. Spence knocked out Broner in sparring and gave Floyd a black eye.

Guerrero vs Broner would be a better option, both need a win and they already have beef.

Comment

Spence would KO Guerrero in the middle rounds, I think

Comment

might as well throw spence in there with thurman. sometimes you got to see if all you have is a piece of coal. throw him in there with thurman. the pressure to perform will either show he is really a diamond or just a lump of coal. the authority did it when they threw seth rollins in there with lesnar. mayweather can do the same with spence. get er done.

Comment

So you want this young kid to fight at 40 year old guy?

Why not people his age with solid records , who right now have done more the him by getting those pay your dues belts

Konstantin Ponomarev 28 -0 (13kos)
                - 28 years old
                - Current NABF welterweight champion

Sadam Ali 22 -0 (13kos)
                - 22 yrs old
                - Current WBA International welterweight champion

Fredrick Lawson 24 -0 (20kos)
                - 24 yrs old
                -Current IBF International welterweight champion

Comment

spence should fight erislandy lara. lara would fight him too. lara will fight anybody. spence doesn't want that fight.

Comment

Errol Spence vs Andre Berto would also be good.

Comment

Put him in with Diego Chaves.

Comment

Working...
                      X