No announcement yet.

Who are these "Full Blown Welter weights" Everybody is talking about

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who are these "Full Blown Welter weights" Everybody is talking about

Everybody keeps saying Tim Bradley hasnt fought a full blown welter weight yet. Therefore dont deserve a shot at Floyd. I dont get get it. How many true "full blown welterweights are there? name em.

Then lets take a look at Floyds last 5 opponents.

Manny pacquiao - true weight class ???

Marcos Maidana -140

Saul Alvarez -154 but only fought maybe 1 true 154 pounder, plus catch weight

Robert Guerrero -130-135

Miguel Cotto 140-147

Plus you can go deeper and look at the competition's competition.

So who out here is fighting true world class "Full blown Welter weights"?

Face it, the WW division is the Money/Glamour division. Its a division that people either start at or end up there for the Money.

So why is Tim Bradley not the most deserving WW again? When his resume ****s on everybody thats currently there.

What does "full-blown"/"natural"/"real" mean? Cotto cannot make 147, so he's a LMW. Guerrero can no longer make 130-135, so he's a WW. Maidana can no longer make 140, so he's a WW. Bradley can't make 140 anymore, so he's a WW. Thurman is a WW even though he's fought above that. Curtis Stevens is a MW even though he's fought above that.

It doesn't matter how much success they've had at the new weight. The lightest weight a person can safely make is their true/natural/real weight division imo. Bradley's WW campaign isn't as good as his 140lb campaign, but that's because he hasn't been able to face the other top contenders.
    Last edited by kiaba360; 06-29-2015, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
      What does "full-blown"/"natural"/"real" mean? Cotto cannot make 147, so he's a LMW. Guerrero can no longer make 130-135, so he's a WW. Maidana can no longer make 140, so he's a WW. Bradley can't make 140 anymore, so he's a WW. Thurman is a WW even though he's fought above that. Curtis Stevens is a MW even though he's fought above that.

It doesn't matter how much success they've had at the new weight. The lightest weight a person can safely make is their true/natural/real weight division imo. Bradley's WW campaign isn't as good as his 140lb campaign, but that's because he hasn't been able to face the other top contenders.
      Good post. But I'm actually using the NSB method of idiocracy here. Figures when it comes down to it all there are are crickets...

Comment

Well lets put it like this,How many meaningful fights did the fighters he fight at ww have at ww?

and you can not compare him to Floyd as Floyd faces world champions and has beaten world champions for all his titles

Comment

And IMO he is the #3 ww so im not being biased but Top Rank just does not have many ww's

Comment

You are only a full fledge welterweight if Floyd beats you. It's the only way yo keep the narrative of David vs Goliath narrative going for him.

I always find it funny people call Floyd a small welter when he's just as big if not bigger than most of the top ten fighters there.

In today's welterweight division the fighters are smaller than most of the top fighters back in the 80's. Most fighters in the division today are barely 5'8" and most come from smaller weight classes.

Truth is Jessie Vargas is one of the bigger welters standing at 5'10". And Bradley is a small welter standing at 5'6".

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
              Well lets put it like this,How many meaningful fights did the fighters he fight at ww have at ww?

and you can not compare him to Floyd as Floyd faces world champions and has beaten world champions for all his titles
              I'm not comparing him to Floyd. I'm comparing him to his past opponents. Outside of PAC and maybe Cotto. Bradley resume ****s all over his last 5.

Comment

Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post
                I'm not comparing him to Floyd. I'm comparing him to his past opponents. Outside of PAC and maybe Cotto. Bradley resume ****s all over his last 5.
                I agree,he is the 3rd best ww...

Comment

Mayweather, Thurman, Brook, Porter. Most of them are not with Top Rank and are with Haymon so it's difficult for Bradley to fight them.

The only way is through purse bids in an eliminator or mandatory position but they don't even seem to want to work together on that.

The Brook fight is very possible after Brook deals with Rios. Would love to see Brook-Bradley at the end of the year.
                  Last edited by Dirk Diggler UK; 06-29-2015, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Apart from Chaves, he's fought fighters moving up (Vargas/Provodnikov) and little guys that could make 140 easily (Pacquiao/Marquez). He hasn't been fighting the fully fledged WW's.

Comment

Working...
                    X