No announcement yet.

What are GGG options for Fall Fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are GGG options for Fall Fight?

Golovkin likes being active and building his momentum so he isn't just going to sit on his ass and wait for the Canelo/Cotto winner or Lee/Saunders winner. He is going to fight. The Way I see it there are 3 options:

1. Fight a second tier middleweight contender: This is the most likely option and also the one that will draw the most criticism. This would be like fighting Heiland or Johnson or maybe Eubank jr. In fairness, these guys are good and could be top 10 middleweights, but nobody knows who they are...the GGG haters will have a field day and the GGG fans will be dissapointed as well.

2. A gimmick fight: Bradley, Oscar, Mosley, Tyson lol...who knows. This is probably the worst option. It would draw extreme criticism as well, and endanger the livelihood of each opponent. The only positive is that it would be more publicity for GGG.

3. Try to find a tough guy at 168. This may be difficult but it may be good for Golovkin to try out the weight class. But the main guys at 168 are mostly tied up with title shots that they are not going to risk. Groves and DeGale are on course to fight each other, Gilberto Ramirez is lining up to fight the Abraham-Steiglitz winner. The Dirrell brothers are with Haymon, and Felix Storm has been avoiding Golovkin for almost a decade. However, maybe Rocky Fielding, Fedor Chudinov, or Caleb Smith could be made. Any of those 3 guys would be my choice...He might as well test out 168 while he waits for a middleweight to man up.

So which one of these options should GGG go for.

Please do not answer with Ward, Mayweather, Cotto, Lemieux, Canelo, Lara, Quillin, etc. These guys are either actively avoiding GGG, want more tune-ups first, or are hiding behind Al Haymon.

Another "this was the best available opponent, we will continue to keep GGG busy and active until a big fight comes along" opponent.

Dudes management is poo poo. His career is getting wasted.

I predict Sergio Mora. Andre Ward would be perfect and I know GGG's team would make that fight but obviously Ward is content fighting random British milk delivery men like Paul Smith. If Ward wants a real challenge he would fight GGG or Kovalev but he's content just chillin', can't blame him tho I wouldn't want to get my first loss by KO either , this guy got knocked down by a journey man darnell boone lol .

Comment

Take your pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
        Take your pick.

Nah. Golovkin has been fighting contenders, just not well known or elite fighters. Murray may have been the second or third best middleweight in the world, actually. But obviously, he does need a more high profile opponent.

Comment

Take your pick

Comment

Originally posted by PK3434 View Post
            Nah. Golovkin has been fighting contenders, just not well known or elite fighters. Murray may have been the second or third best middleweight in the world, actually. But obviously, he does need a more high profile opponent.
            Dude I hate the fact that he can't get fights with the best guys out there but he's gonna have to do something. When Paul Williams couldn't get fights he moved up, but always left the door open saying he could fight at 147 no problem. I honestly think that's what GGG is gonna have to do. I think he should take a fight at 168 as you said(while waiting for this Cotto vs Canelo fight to happen), then move back down either facing the winner or for the vacant strap. But he can't keep fighting these Carnival Cotton Candy vendors.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
              Take your pick

As much as I would hate to derail this thread, it would be awesome if everyone just kept posting photos with the "take your pick" caption.

Take your pick:

Comment

Take your pick.

Ripp, this was just sooooo disrespectful. LMFAO!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  Take your pick

Dirk, this was the same as Rip Chudd. LMFAO!!!

Comment

Dude I hate the fact that he can't get fights with the best guys out there but he's gonna have to do something. When Paul Williams couldn't get fights he moved up, but always left the door open saying he could fight at 147 no problem. I honestly think that's what GGG is gonna have to do. I think he should take a fight at 168 as you said(while waiting for this Cotto vs Canelo fight to happen), then move back down either facing the winner or for the vacant strap. But he can't keep fighting these Carnival Cotton Candy vendors.
                    No, I agree. Thats why I made this thread. I'm not against the jokes though lol

Comment

Working...
                    X