Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are GGG options for Fall Fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im hoping its someone i know and have seen fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
      Take your pick.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
        I think GGG should fight the winner of Heiland/Johnson, instead of fighting both of them.
        I'd have no problem with that other than they would have to fight each other next which would rule the winner out as an opponent for September. So that does not solve the current dilemma. He could fight the winner in Dec but still would need a fight for Sept.

What makes it even more difficult for GGG is that he is just about the only MW who fights more than twice per year. Makes it really tough to find decent opponents when they all would rather sit on their ass than fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Xi_ View Post
          GGG hasn't proved me wrong.......he won't step up his comp unless it's against a natural ww/jmw(why would anyone of the smaller guys fight him when he brings nothing to the table as far as resume or money?)....is the reward worth the risk? yet ggg stans claim ww/jmw's are ducking him lmao. ward probably made more than ggg's last fight on ****ing BET ffs.......ggg's content with cleaning out arguably the worst division in boxing rather than dare to be great. he's approaching his mid 30's with a garbage resume for a so-called "p4p fighter".
          This is typical. Ward is the only name you can come up with and he and his trainer have both said that they need at least another fight before Golovkin. Abel Sanchez also said on a recent podcast that he spoke to roc nation representatives who informed him that Ward believes he should get A-Side money if they ever fight which is insane considering Golovkin is much more popular than Ward, both in the US and internationally....But this thread is about who Golovkin can possibly fight in September/October...and I tried to come up with some options but it is very difficult because of the ducking, politics, etc. Golovkin is an elite talent. Anyone that watches boxing knows that. Other fighters and their teams know that which is why they stay away from him. Does his management need to do a better job on getting him a big fight? YES, definitely. K2 has done a good job in building Golovkin's popularity but they need to deliver on a big fight or Golovkin should threaten to leave...despite the fact that they have a great relationship....But if you are one of those idiots that think Golovkin is a "hype job", then you are crazy. He's the real deal. This shouldn't even be argued.

Comment

Originally posted by PK3434 View Post
            This is typical. Ward is the only name you can come up with and he and his trainer have both said that they need at least another fight before Golovkin. Abel Sanchez also said on a recent podcast that he spoke to roc nation representatives who informed him that Ward believes he should get A-Side money if they ever fight which is insane considering Golovkin is much more popular than Ward, both in the US and internationally....But this thread is about who Golovkin can possibly fight in September/October...and I tried to come up with some options but it is very difficult because of the ducking, politics, etc. Golovkin is an elite talent. Anyone that watches boxing knows that. Other fighters and their teams know that which is why they stay away from him. Does his management need to do a better job on getting him a big fight? YES, definitely. K2 has done a good job in building Golovkin's popularity but they need to deliver on a big fight or Golovkin should threaten to leave...despite the fact that they have a great relationship....But if you are one of those idiots that think Golovkin is a "hype job", then you are crazy. He's the real deal. This shouldn't even be argued.
            Good post.

Comment

Working...
            X