Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Timothy Bradley is one of the Most Overrated and Lucky Fighters in Recent History

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In last 14 fights Tim has had maybe 3 guys that you could consider a soft touch. It can be easily argued that Tim has one of the best resumes in boxing. How many current top 10 p4p guys can even carry Tim's jock strap when comparing resumes? I'm guessing the list will consist of just a few guys. P4P means if you magicly make a guy bigger or smaller would he be able to compete at various weight classes. I don't see how anyone with an objective eye could deny Tim.

If you actually believe Tim is a C level fighter please stop watching boxing now.

Does he have the greatest skill set? No.
    Does he make **** harder on himself than it needs to be? Yes.
    Does he get the job done? Yes

Tims last 14 fights.

Jessie Vargas- Was easy work until the 12th. Ref tainted this win big time, sadly.

Diego Chaves- Life and death with a guy that is still a top 10 WW with his only real loss coming in a tough fight with Keith Thurman.

Manny Pacquiao- Lost decisively

Juan Manuel Marquez- Easy work. Anyone who thinks this was a close fight is straight up delusional.

Ruslan Provodnikov- A fight that will be a classic in years to come.

Manny Pacquiao- Controversial win obviously, but a win.

Joel Casamayor- Obviously way past it.

Devon Alexander- Unification fight and took his 0

Luis Abregu- Took his 0

Lamont Peterson- Tim's mandatory, was undefeated, beat easily.

Nate Campbell- NC

Kendall Holt- Unification match.

Edner Cherry- Soft touch

Junior Witter- Tim was a huge underdog and got the win in the UK.

Comment

• I would say he's a B+ fighter at best. That's his ceiling.

Comment

• Bradley is an A fighter, easily. He may not be elite like Pac or Mayweather prime, but he's a tough fighter, great chin, volume puncher and has the will of a lion.

Nothing but respect for Bradley and for years now he was going to get beat by this guy and that guy, yet it doesn't happen.

Respect to that dude.

Comment

• I'm not gonna lie. I had high expectations about Tim's potential in the sport, but he's just not a consistent fighter. He's a hard worker and has a big heart, but he doesn't have the "It" factor when it comes to looking dominant against A-level opponents. He's a decent B+ boxer who can box well on the outside, but he isn't as good as the likes of Floyd, Ward, Rigo, etc. He doesn't know how to control a fight the way those guys have shown they can against high quality opponents.

He doesn't throw enough sharp straight punches and he has a tendency to stumbles off balance due to his exaggerated awkward movements, hence the lower body injuries that he endured against, Pacquiao. He's a gutsy little dude who wants to get right back at his opponent the second he gets hit with a good punch, but it's been proven that that type of approach doesn't work against a top level opponent like Manny and he almost got wrecked against, Ruslan.

Bradley is a cool dude outside the ring and he's entertaining inside the ring, but to expect him to be like Floyd, Ward, Rigo in terms of outclassing his opponents is asking too much of him. I blame TR hype machine for building up Bradley as if he were, Mayweather.
          Last edited by Carpe Diem; 06-29-2015, 02:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
            I'm not gonna lie. I had high expectations about Tim's potential in the sport, but he's just not a consistent fighter. He's a hard worker and has a big heart, but he doesn't have the "It" factor when it comes to looking dominant against A-level opponents. He's a decent B+ boxer who can box well on the outside, but he isn't as good as the likes of Floyd, Ward, Rigo, etc. He doesn't know how to control a fight the way those guys have shown they can against high quality opponents.

He doesn't throw enough sharp straight punches and he has a tendency to stumbles off balance due to his exaggerated awkward movements, hence the lower body injuries that he endured against, Pacquiao. He's a gutsy little dude who wants to get right back at his opponent the second gets hit a good punch, but it's been proven that that type of approach doesn't work against a top level opponent like Manny and he almost got wrecked against, Ruslan.

Bradley is a cool dude outside the ring and he's entertaining inside the ring, but to expect him to be like Floyd, Ward, Rigo in terms of outclassing his opponents is asking too much of him. I blame TR hype machine for building up Bradley as if he were, Mayweather.
            I agree with you, and Dirk's post above in that on just straight boxing ability that Tim is a B-B+ guy. There is'nt any one thing that pops out and makes me go wow when he is in the ring. The thing is though, ability is'nt the only thing that makes a great fighter. Its a rare thing to have a fighter that is A level in the skills and intangibles department.

Comment

• ok so what i see is...ok skills, nothing special, hard worker, gutsy...So do you guys look at Danny Garcia the same way?

Comment

• Originally posted by B Phontain View Post
                ok so what i see is...ok skills, nothing special, hard worker, gutsy...So do you guys look at Danny Garcia the same way?
                I think Garcia is underrated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  I think Garcia is underrated.
                  Underrated. But he arguably lost his last 2. Not counting that Salka crap.

Comment

• Garcia is vastly overrated.

Comment

• Originally posted by kazyn8tive View Post
                      Garcia is vastly overrated.
                      Who rates Garcia? Everyone hates him and yet he has two much more impressive wins at 140 than Bradley ever had.

Comment

Working...
                      X