Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who among these has already done enough to deserve entry to the IBHOF?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
    Marquez and Wlad from that list. No one else has done enough to warrant inclusion to the Hall of Fame. Only the absolute best of their generation should be inducted and it should not be based on popularity but only on achievements.

Cotto would need to fight Golovkin, win or lose, to gain admission in my book. Blatantly ducking a fighter gives anyone a black mark next to their name which must be erased to gain admission to the HOF in my eyes.
    Nah. It annoys me that he is holding the lineal title hostage, but in legacy terms he doesnt have to fight him.

I would not hold it against him if he dropped the title. Same people didnt hold it against RJJr when he dropped the HW title.

Comment

JMM, Bradley, Wlad, Cotto are all in. Ward is very close.

Comment

The only three would be Klitchko, Marquez and Cotto. Bradley still hasn't done enough. Neither has Khan. Garcia is proving to be a hype job.

Personally I don't feel Cotto belongs but he will be put in because of his win over old Mosley and broken Martinez.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
          Nah. It annoys me that he is holding the lineal title hostage, but in legacy terms he doesnt have to fight him.

I would not hold it against him if he dropped the title. Same people didnt hold it against RJJr when he dropped the HW title.
          Because Jones Didn't belong, as well as Cotto at Middleweight.

Comment

Originally posted by vorgaphe View Post
            I don't see why Bradley and Danny wouldn't get in, unless their careers take a dramatic turn for the worse.

Tim: Pac, Marquez, Provo, Alexander and Peterson

Danny: Khan, Matthysse, Peterson, Morales and Judah

Those are two very good resumes and unless they both drop off dramatically, they will deserve to make it into the HoF.
            Morales & Judah were at the lowest point in their careers when Garcia beat them. Morales retired after losing to Danny & the gun shy Judah lost to Malignaggi immediately after his loss to Danny. Peterson was a W for Danny but he wasn't impressive at all.

Comment

Originally posted by BigAlexSand View Post
              Because Jones Didn't belong, as well as Cotto at Middleweight.
              Yeah thats what I meant

Comment

tim bradley does not have a win over manny pacquiao!

that fight was a horrid robbery. one of the worst we've seen in a big fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post

I would not hold it against him if he VOLUNTARILY dropped the title. In that case I would not object to his induction. If he refuses to do so and continues to try to avoid GGG or is forcibly stripped of the title, then I do not think he deserves entry. I did not bother to include that in my last post as I do not believe Cotto will willingly vacate the belt.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    tim bradley does not have a win over manny pacquiao!

that fight was a horrid robbery. one of the worst we've seen in a big fight.

Mark this day on the calendar! WE AGREE ON SOMETHING!!!!!

Comment

My picks..........

My picks were Klitschko, Cotto, Marquez, Ward, and Bradley. I feel that what Ward did in the Super Six, and his win over Dawson made him a HOF'mer. As for my selection of Bradley, he is on the fence right now. The rest of his career could go either way. The win tomorrow night will mean nothing but he has to win. A couple more wins over A, B+ fighters, and he should get in.

Comment

Working...
                      X