No announcement yet.

Walters is better than Rigo, P4P

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walters is better than Rigo, P4P

Now, people have a tendency to overlook Walters while going as far as putting Rigo into their top 5 P4P lists. That's just biased and stupid, when you consider the facts.

Age: Rigo is old and he looked kinda shot in his last fight, having too much trouble with a guy on Amagasa's level. Walters is young and just entering his prime.

Chin: Everyone and their mom, from Cordoba to Donaire to Amagasa, are knocking Rigo down left and right like he was a ragdoll, while Walters' ate a heavier version of Donaire's punches very well.

Power: Rigo got okay power, Walters got destructive power.

Resume: Rigo got only 15 fights and only 1 good victory, a points decision against Donaire in which he got knocked down in the process. Walters, on the other hand, easily crushed Donaire and stopped him, and he just won an impressive victory against the young, powerful and undefeated Marriaga, who is better than 14 of the 15 guys that Rigo has faced so far.

If you like Rigo, that's cool, we should appreciate such a rare talent, his skills are beautiful, but don't rank him above Walters P4P, it's just biased and ******ed and I'm tired of seeing it.

Originally posted by Rokozoko View Post
    Now, people have a tendency to overlook Walters while going as far as putting Rigo into their top 5 P4P lists. That's just biased and stupid, when you consider the facts.

Age: Rigo is old and he looked kinda shot in his last fight, having too much trouble with a guy on Amagasa's level. Walters is young and just entering his prime.

Chin: Everyone and their mom, from Cordoba to Donaire to Amagasa, are knocking Rigo down left and right like he was a ragdoll, while Walters' ate a heavier version of Donaire's punches very well.

Power: Rigo got okay power, Walters got destructive power.

Resume: Rigo got only 15 fights and only 1 good victory, a points decision against Donaire in which he got knocked down in the process. Walters, on the other hand, easily crushed Donaire and stopped him, and he just won an impressive victory against the young, powerful and undefeated Marriaga, who is better than 14 of the 15 guys that Rigo has faced so far.

If you like Rigo, that's cool, we should appreciate such a rare talent, his skills are beautiful, but don't rank him above Walters P4P, it's just biased and ******ed and I'm tired of seeing it.
    I kind of agree. No doubt about the fact that Rigo has incredible talent and is a rare boxer but on a resume for resume level and the impressiveness in which the wins are coming being taken into account, Walters does have a better case for a higher ranking P4P.

Comment

one guy uses his skill to beat guys fighting with massive size advantage

the other has skills, but seemingly relies on coming in 20 pounds above the division's limit. Let's see how he takes a punch when he fights guys his own size.

I think I know who is higher P4P.

When Walters fights at WW and beats guys coming in at 160, I'll reconsider.

Comment

Where do you have potato ranked on your P4P list?

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPawHitman View Post
          Where do you have potato ranked on your P4P list?
          I have him behind Floyd.

Comment

Rigo took Donaires power better than Walters did and Walters ain't p4p anything. How can you be 'p4p' anything when you are continually fighting a load of opponents half your size man?

Rigo is continually dominating guys who have 15-20lbs on him, Walters is dominating guys he has 15-20lbs on.

A huge ass lightweight fighting a load of super featherweights who peaked several weights even below that, wow how impressive!

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
              I kind of agree. No doubt about the fact that Rigo has incredible talent and is a rare boxer but on a resume for resume level and the impressiveness in which the wins are coming being taken into account, Walters does have a better case for a higher ranking P4P.
              You're a fair guy. People are overrating Rigo too much, I like him, but his fans forces me to say the harsh truth and it sucks, I just want to enjoy Rigo for the talent that he is, not the illusion created by his fans.

Comment

resume??? Rigos best win is way better than walters. Rigo beat top 5 p4p donaire at 122 walters beat 126 donaire who had serious difficulties with shot to shit vic d. I don't think the wins are really close to the same level

Comment

Originally posted by zmm001 View Post
                  resume??? Rigos best win is way better than walters. Rigo beat top 5 p4p donaire at 122 walters beat 126 donaire who had serious difficulties with shot to shit vic d. I don't think the wins are really close to the same level
                  The Donaire that Rigo beat was too big for that division, lol, he was basically a weight-drained guy who manages to win against small opponents. Walters defeated Donaire at a weight much more fit for Donaire's size.

Comment

Lmao...

No he isn't,,,,, RIGO is levels above Walters....

Anyone that has watched boxing more than a few years knows this...

Comment

Working...
                    X