Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucas Matthysse vs Viktor Postol for vacant WBC belt 9/26/15

http://www.ole.com.ar/boxeo/Matthyss...381662049.html

Mario Arano (Lucas' manager) seems to be looking past Postol

Mods feel free to edit my post if you wanna use this as the news article thread
    Last edited by joesaiditstrue; 06-24-2015, 04:43 PM.

Arano said the fight will be officially announced in July

Comment

It's a real nice 50-50 fight, if it goes the distance Postol might get the decision imo

Comment

Damn, I wanted to see Postol bully Garcia instead.

Comment

I've watched a few of Postol's fights and he tends to keeps you at range and uses his height and reach to win on points (like a slow Khan). Matthysse struggled with Molina's height and Molina is not really a good boxer so this fight scares me a little. However, Postol lacks power plus Aydin rocked him a few times so I fancy Matthysse to stop him in 7 or 8. Matthysse was 72-2-8 in the amateurs and won the pan american games so he can box a bit too.
          Last edited by SalimShady1212; 06-24-2015, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Hope Lucas pulls through though I like Postol as well. Uncertain on Postol's chin, his ability to take a shot but he is most certainly a very, very good pure boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
              http://www.ole.com.ar/boxeo/Matthyss...381662049.html

Mario Arano (Lucas' manager) seems to be looking past Postol
              Team Matthysse need to forget about a Pacquiao fight, Arum will never let it happen.

If they're looking for a bigger fight, they should enforce the mandatory with Crawford instead of fighting Postol.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                Team Matthysse need to forget about a Pacquiao fight, Arum will never let it happen.

If they're looking for a bigger fight, they should enforce the mandatory with Crawford instead of fighting Postol.
                He's always wanted the WBC title so maye after Postol if he wins he can unify with Crawford.

Comment

Originally posted by Salim_Shady View Post
                  He's always wanted the WBC title so maybe after Postol if he wins he can unify with Crawford.
                  Arum's talking about Crawford fighting Pacquiao. Top Rank are fairly notorious for keeping things in-house so I'd say that the only way Matthysse can get a Crawford fight is to force it, and if he takes the WBC route he loses his WBO mandatory spot.

As much as I'd like to see Matthysse win a world title, Postol will probably be an easier and less significant fight for less money in front of a smaller crowd.

Comment

This is a real fight not like the rest of the cowards at 147 thurman, broner, garcia who fighting nothing but tune ups after tuneups.

Comment

Working...
                    X