No announcement yet.

Devin Haney the next floyd/Roy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CatchweightKing View Post
    Kid is 16 already turning pro. I think floyd signed him. They say he's number 1 amateur in the world

http://youtu.be/ZoudOBVcJPY sparring porter and spadafora in here

http://youtu.be/OH34FOtsj4o
    Didn't they say the same thing about Broner? Then it was Imam, then it was Spence and now it's Haney. Heard it all before.

Comment

He fights this Saturday

Comment

His on Manny/Bradley3 undercard

Comment

Originally posted by CatchweightKing View Post
          Just watched devin sparring shakur Stevenson these kids are gonna be a problem

I heard they took the video down

Comment

[QUOTE=CatchweightKing;15804228]he kind of answers that here. http://youtu.be/R9GOocPFlQU

Kind of naive from him there. He completely disregards experience gained from amateurs

Comment

Dis kid da troof mayne

I see slickness, I see greatness

Comment

This is his 3rd fight, skip to around 6:00 if you don't want to see the build up

Sharp body puncher and very fast. In the first round he had a similar stance to Floyd in his debut but as the fight went on his defence seemed leaky and he looked tired, maybe he struggles at the weight going by the start of the vid.

Roy and Floyd didn't get hit like that against that level of opp. Am i being too harsh?

Comment

Is Floyd Sr training him?

Comment

Looks good hope he does well the sport needs another Mayweather/Jones.

Not going to comment on his skills as he is only young he has the potential to make massive developmental strides in the next 4 years.

In terms of speed he is more Andre Ward than Roy Jones.

Comment

• Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
                      This is his 3rd fight, skip to around 6:00 if you don't want to see the build up

Sharp body puncher and very fast. In the first round he had a similar stance to Floyd in his debut but as the fight went on his defence seemed leaky and he looked tired, maybe he struggles at the weight going by the start of the vid.

Roy and Floyd didn't get hit like that against that level of opp. Am i being too harsh?
                      He's only 17. Hopefully he's guided well, still young so he should use those extra years for some extra experience.

Comment

Working...
                      X