Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what was it about Margarito that made some of you think he was a threat to beat Money

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=Reloaded;17489616]
    Originally posted by djtmal View Post

Cotto wilted under pressure wtf, look at his face from being hit with bricks it wasn't the pressure because without the bricks he did not wilt he boxed out a clear win.

That win is NULL and VOID because Cotto was being hit with bricks he was cheated.
    i don't know man you might be in the minority on that one...lol

33 Loss 32–1 Mexico Antonio Margarito TKO 11 (12), 2:05 Jul 26, 2008 United States MGM Grand Garden Arena, Paradise, Nevada, U.S. Lost WBA welterweight title

Comment

• [QUOTE=djtmal;17489637]
      Originally posted by Reloaded View Post

was it done after the 1st cotto fight? yes or no response pls
      The circumstantial evidence and the way Cottos face broke to pieces like no other fight Margarito ever hit somebody in says to anybody with half a brain that he did it against Cotto.

They banned him from boxing for loaded gloves work it out because after he was exposed he got beat and knocked out.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Reloaded;17489648]

The circumstantial evidence and the way Cottos face broke to pieces like no other fight Margarito ever hit somebody in says to anybody with half a brain that he did it against Cotto.

They banned him from boxing for loaded gloves work it out because after he was exposed he got beat and knocked out.
        yes or no question, and you still tapdance...lol...
        ginger rogers, fred astaire, no you must be gregory hines, savion glover?...lmao

33 Loss 32–1 Mexico Antonio Margarito TKO 11 (12), 2:05 Jul 26, 2008 United States MGM Grand Garden Arena, Paradise, Nevada, U.S. Lost WBA welterweight title

Comment

• [QUOTE=djtmal;17489664]

yes or no question, and you still tapdance...lol...
          ginger rogers, fred astaire, no you must be gregory hines, savion glover?...lmao

Im not interested in child games, we all know he cheated against Cotto his face tells the story, no one Margarito fought showed that damage before or after.

He should have been banned for life its the greatest crime that can be committed to a boxer, Cotto could have been killed, he could have lost eyesight like Billy Collins did finally caused him to kill him self.

Its a terrible crime against a fighter and you want count it as a big win .

Im gone.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Reloaded;17489689]

Im not interested in child games, we all know he cheated against Cotto his face tells the story, no one Margarito fought showed that damage before or after.

He should have been banned for life its the greatest crime that can be committed to a boxer, Cotto could have been killed, he could have lost eyesight like Billy Collins did finally caused him to kill him self.

Its a terrible crime against a fighter and you want count it as a big win .

Im gone.
            dude, if these guys had absolute proof that he cheated in the cotto fight, they would have stripped him then...

you take this stuff way too personal...

Comment

• For me 3 things attributed to that:

Well, he beat Cotto into a bloody pulp when they fought in 2007 (pre wraps scandal), and of course, many fans that time believed that floyd is also ducking cotto, hence hyping that Margarito can actually do more against him since he KOed Cotto.

The way he fights also backed it up, for fans he was like the bigger badder version of Castillo which Floyd had a hard time with. Throws like a thousand punches.

And also Floyd made it looked that way many times, when Margarito confronted Floyd for a fight he was obviously shooked, and didn't seem to know how to respond properly. (look the video up on youtube)

Floyd would've found a way to beat margarito even before the wraps scandal had they fought, but certainly it really appeared that he was scared. Done by margo, media and also him.

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                Margarito is one of the most basic fighters I ever seen get turned into a boogeyman because a great campaign from his promoter and looking good beating just decent competition

Margarito lost to every Elite fighter he stepped in the ring with....Cotto, Paul Williams, Mosley and Pacquaio...even lost to Daniel Santos smh and no name guys early in his career

How was he gonna beat some one that was better than them....Mayweather is without a doubt the best of his generation and back then, their was no one even messing with pretty boy Floyd from 2004-2007

Cotto boxed his ears off until the bricks and fatigue played their part...Mayweather is better than Cotto in almost every era...until the 6 round I don't remember Margo taking a round

Dude was a good fighter but the biggest hype job of my generation....they all look like boogeymen until they face elite guys....I hope GGG live up to the hype
                For me 3 things attributed to that:

Well, he beat Cotto into a bloody pulp when they fought in 2007 (pre wraps scandal), and of course, many fans that time believed that floyd is also ducking cotto, hence hyping that maybe Margarito can actually do more against him since he KOed Cotto.

The way he fights also backed it up, for fans he was like the bigger badder version of Castillo which Floyd had a hard time with. Throws like a thousand punches.

And also Floyd made it looked that way many times, when Margarito confronted Floyd for a fight he was obviously shooked, and didn't seem to know how to respond properly. (look the video up on youtube)

Floyd would've found a way to beat margarito even before the wraps scandal had they fought, but certainly it really appeared that he was scared. Done by margo, media and also him.

Comment

• [QUOTE=djtmal;17489726]

dude, if these guys had absolute proof that he cheated in the cotto fight, they would have stripped him then...

you take this stuff way too personal...
                  Proof is one thing knowing he did it is another, that's the way the law works and the burden of proof allows a lot of guilty people to get away with things.

You have Law and you have common sense can you prove he did not use loaded gloves no you cant , look at Cottos face for fck sake, take into account Margarito was caught red handed with loaded gloves and they banned him for that , and you say oh no he smashed Cottos face legit only he has never done that damage before or after, I believe he did it to Cotto and tried to do it to Mosley I think Cotto was the first time he used loaded gloves and he would have continued had he not been caught.
                  Look at Cottos face and look at Billy Collins face they both got the same stamp on it.

Lots of circumstantial evidence in this just lots, he did it to Cotto I have no doubts of that at all not one.

Comment

• It would have been an interesting match up. Obviously a mismatch in terms of speed and skill, but it gets evened out to some degree with Margarito's size, strength, stamina and willingness to walk through punches.

Back when Margarito and his hand wraps were in their prime, he was a threat.

Comment

• Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
                      For me 3 things attributed to that:

Well, he beat Cotto into a bloody pulp when they fought in 2007 (pre wraps scandal), and of course, many fans that time believed that floyd is also ducking cotto, hence hyping that maybe Margarito can actually do more against him since he KOed Cotto.

Yea I'm sure an all time great was afraid too lol

Comment

Working...
                      X