Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what was it about Margarito that made some of you think he was a threat to beat Money

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
    lol you don't get the difference between sensitive and frustrated lol .

You claimed Margo has a big win over Cotto its null and void because he cheated allowing it to happen Cotto also boxed his ears off in that but could not handle the plaster round after round and then rematches him and schooled him with straight up movement and boxing, Floyd also out boxed Cotto.

Manny wasn't aggressive he boxed and won easy off the back foot and Floyd is a lot better boxer than Manny and Floyd has a better chin and is bigger, and Pac has been koed by a guy Floyd schooled.

Santos boxed and won easy.

Mosley out boxed him and knocked him out and then Floyd beat Mosley next fight.

Nothing you say explains how lesser quality boxers can out box Margarito but Floyd cant it makes no sense you have nothing but innuendo that does not add up.

I guarantee all the guys saying Floyd loses would not bet against Floyd with an amount that will cost them, they all talk.
    Lol....exactly....they'd just hope n pray he won

Comment

• [QUOTE=Reloaded;17489192]lol you don't get the difference between sensitive and frustrated lol .

You claimed Margo has a big win over Cotto its null and void because he cheated allowing it to happen Cotto also boxed his ears off in that but could not handle the plaster round after round and then rematches him and schooled him with straight up movement and boxing, Floyd also out boxed Cotto.

Manny wasn't aggressive he boxed and won easy off the back foot and Floyd is a lot better boxer than Manny and Floyd has a better chin and is bigger, and Pac has been koed by a guy Floyd schooled.

Nothing you say explains how lesser quality boxers can out box Margarito but Floyd cant it makes no sense you have nothing but innuendo that does not add up.

I didn't see the Santos fight, but all those guys at some point had to get in there and grind with Margarito. Even Cotto in the loss, boxed good, but when he tried to grind some funny things happened. Shane got the ko because he got in there and grinded. Manny and Cotto in the rematch fought inferior versions of Margarito imo, but they all had to take some to get some (don't think Pacquaio was the same after Margarito), and I just wanted to see if Floyd had that in him with a prime true welterweight where he had to dig it out.

I guarantee all the guys saying Floyd loses would not bet against Floyd with an amount that will cost them, they all talk.

Well, you assume people are saying Margarito would beat Floyd, and people are just offering up some possible scenarios for a tough night at the office for Floyd, far tougher than the fight he chose instead and that was Baldomir.

Regarding Margarito vs Cotto I, I don't remember that fight being overturned due to any illegal handwraps by Margarito, so the fight stands as is. Cotto boxed good, but wilted to the pressure in the first fight, but it wasn't like it was an immediate rematch. By the second fight, Margarito had already been though the meat grinder a couple of times. Nuff said.

Floyd outboxing, Cotto, Shane, and Pacquaio, guys who beat Margarito, is one way of looking at it I suppose, but Margarito don't fight like none of those guys, plus, those guys by the time Floyd got to them, were not the aggressive boxer/punchers they once were. Even though he had previously lost, nobody had manhandled Margarito the way Shane did, so he gets all the credit for shredding him. Margarito was a ghost after that, Margarito was just going to be one of those guys who was going to peak early, and fade fast, but the prime out the box Margarito, I felt Floyd should have had first crack at.

Comment

• Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
        Floyd Mayweather was not really known for his high work-rate! at elite level he has quite a low punch output, and takes advantage of when fighters stand off him! Antonio Margarito did not stand off his opponents, which would force Floyd Mayweather to up his work-rate! up against Ricky Hatton, Floyd Mayweather was struggling with the pace! and the intensity of Ricky Hatton's pressure fighting! (Antonio Margarito would of implemented the same kind of pressure, with more durability! this is long hard night's work for Floyd Mayweather!)...
        Wow. Just......wow.

Good luck with that, my friend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
          Even a floyd dominant win would be entertaining imo

Marg will just keep coming

Marg won't be lulled into low work rate, boxing exhibition like most are
          Exactly. This fight is interesting no matter how it plays out and it's a shame we didn't get to see it.

Comment

• Margarito was able to land 1000 fu.cking punches all the fight, he has size, heart, great, great chin, dirty boxing, very good working to the body.

Maybe Floyd would be the winner in a DU but no doubt Margarito was a very good rival for him, because Floyd power was nothin for Antonio.

And Maidana, an inferior warrior than Tony, make a good fight the first match.

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
              Even a floyd dominant win would be entertaining imo

Marg will just keep coming

Marg won't be lulled into low work rate, boxing exhibition like most are
              This...

Comment

• [QUOTE=djtmal;17489315]
                Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                lol you don't get the difference between sensitive and frustrated lol .

I didn't see the Santos fight, but all those guys at some point had to get in there and grind with Margarito. Even Cotto in the loss, boxed good, but when he tried to grind some funny things happened. Shane got the ko because he got in there and grinded. Manny and Cotto in the rematch fought inferior versions of Margarito imo, but they all had to take some to get some (don't think Pacquaio was the same after Margarito), and I just wanted to see if Floyd had that in him with a prime true welterweight where he had to dig it out.

Well, you assume people are saying Margarito would beat Floyd, and people are just offering up some possible scenarios for a tough night at the office for Floyd, far tougher than the fight he chose instead and that was Baldomir.

Regarding Margarito vs Cotto I, I don't remember that fight being overturned due to any illegal handwraps by Margarito, so the fight stands as is. Cotto boxed good, but wilted to the pressure in the first fight, but it wasn't like it was an immediate rematch. By the second fight, Margarito had already been though the meat grinder a couple of times. Nuff said.

Floyd outboxing, Cotto, Shane, and Pacquaio, guys who beat Margarito, is one way of looking at it I suppose, but Margarito don't fight like none of those guys, plus, those guys by the time Floyd got to them, were not the aggressive boxer/punchers they once were. Even though he had previously lost, nobody had manhandled Margarito the way Shane did, so he gets all the credit for shredding him. Margarito was a ghost after that, Margarito was just going to be one of those guys who was going to peak early, and fade fast, but the prime out the box Margarito, I felt Floyd should have had first crack at.
                Cotto wilted under pressure wtf, look at his face from being hit with bricks it wasn't the pressure because without the bricks he did not wilt he boxed out a clear win.

That win is NULL and VOID because Cotto was being hit with bricks he was cheated.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Reloaded;17489616]
                  Originally posted by djtmal View Post

Cotto wilted under pressure wtf, look at his face from being hit with bricks it wasn't the pressure because without the bricks he did not wilt he boxed out a clear win.

That win is NULL and VOID because Cotto was being hit with bricks he was cheated.
                  say who you? lol...now you do hand wraps?...or you was in cotto camp checking his wraps ahhh yeah i though that was you i saw on tv...

Comment

• [QUOTE=djtmal;17489623]
                    Originally posted by Reloaded View Post

say who you? lol...now you do hand wraps?...or you was in cotto camp checking his wraps ahhh yeah i though that was you i saw on tv...
                    They banned Margarito from boxing, why did they do that ?

Comment

• [QUOTE=Reloaded;17489628]
                      Originally posted by djtmal View Post

They banned Margarito from boxing, why did they do that ?
                      was it done after the 1st cotto fight? yes or no response pls

Comment

Working...
                      X