Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arum falling out with HBO, shows interest with Showtime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know what fights hbo is trying to match make?

Comment

Bob Father needs to chill out.

Comment

it shouldnt be a shock to ANYONE at this point that every who arum works with hates his guts in a matter of time!!!!!!!

its only a matter of time before he is outed out of boxing in its entirety like don king was or is,everyone hates his business tactics he is a snake and it has shown thruought the years as a crooked promoter,

Comment

He's right once again. There is a reason every major player in boxing right now, except for Canelo/Vlad (who used Floyd to get big) was brought into the pro's under Top Rank's direction. Floyd, Manny and Cotto are the top 3 in drawing power and top 10 in ability. There's a correlation there in that people like to see high level boxing not some guys fresh off the street.

They got over with people because of their ability and entertainment value. That consistently got better due to good match making and that made them more popular but more importantly better fighters. These hype trains like Danny, Leo, Broner and all these clowns are due to horrific match making. Canelo's has gotten better but him against Floyd is the definition of bad match making. You make him think he's good but he really showed, he wasn't. Mike Tyson went up a guy who wasn't scared of him and that's all it took. If I listen to anyone about matchmaking in boxing it's Arum.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
            HBO has been in love with eastern euro and Asian fighters lately, they got Bobby on the back burner.
            yep..........

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
              The problem with Ward is that he doesn't fight often enough. I remember the Super Six and I remember that he had the boxing community in the palm of his hands; all he had to do was close his fist.

He started talking about Bute not doing enough to earn a fight with him. Froch took the fight and gave Bute a pasting. That was Ward's booty to take but his ego allowed another man to swoop in.

Since beating Froch, you count the number of opponents he has fought on one hand I believe... Yes, 2 fights in 4 years.
              good point....

Comment

Maybe HBO is turning down some BS fights hes trying to put on? And Showtime needs anything they can get right now lol

Comment

This is when you know boxing is evolving in with the new and out with the old. We're living in a world that relies on productivity and for years Arum could practically get away with mismatches despite whatever ratings registered. But now that game is changing Haymon is building boxing inside of boxing, closing deals with multiple channels, Pacquiao getting humiliated with his loss and shoulder injury left a bad taste on even his own fans turning in on him and Cotto the 3rd largest draw said **** you and signed with Roc ..so with that being said Arum knows the end is near.
                  Last edited by AP♠; 06-18-2015, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Lack of talent, which is why I was surprised Bradley re-upped!!

Comment

I knew it noway Bob Arum wanted to put Verdejo & Najera in there with each other so early, HBO forced the fight

Comment

Working...
                      X