No announcement yet.

GGG to Ward: "You are a dead man to me!"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    We can agree to disagree about why they didn't make it. I think they had thoughts of Rigo/Nonito in their heads and didn't want a repeat of that scenario.

Ok, I can understand that point but why does a fight between two quality opponents need to only be on PPV? Not every fighter is a PPV star and HBO had a history of putting great fights like this on regular HBO.

As I said in my initial post in this thread I hope all the back and forth is a precursor to the fight being made.
    I can understand why that reference was used, but it's not quite the same.

Comment

I am not arguing a or b side, GGG as of now appears to be the a side to me. Why would Ward have to take so little?

I understand your points about the purses.
      Because A side fighters on a regular broadcast generally get around $2 million tops. Ward wants that for his tune up fights. HBO is not about to pay Ward more than they pay GGG, which in his last fight was $1.5 million. B side fighters generally make well under $1 million. In a larger fight, I could see GGG making say $2 million and Ward maybe 750k tops. And after his time off and fighting Smith in his first fight back, that would be the most I could see him deserving. Ward would never accept that. If he wants more dollars, he has to be the A side and that will take a lot of work on his part and another 3 or 4 fights against QUALITY opponents, not more Paul Smiths.

To pay out higher purses than that, a fight would need to be PPV. Especially as seeing that Ward is not the biggest draw around.

One thing that really messes things up these days is when a promoter like Roc Nation comes along trying to make a name for themselves by signing fighters to ridiculous contracts that no network will pay out the purses to make them viable. Then all of a sudden you have fighters thinking they are superstars and deserve to be the A side no matter who they fight and thinking they are bigger than the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
        Dunn in here dropping knowledge...I see you bro
        Yeah bias knowledge to suit his and your agenda. How surprising you are protecting the black fight wow big stretch there Mr. *****adelfia

Comment

GG wants no part of Ward.

Comment

Genady should sack up and do what Ward did when he entered the Super 6; start fighting the best. Sounds like he's just searching for excuses and honestly, his responses sound very chickenshyt.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              Genady should sack up and do what Ward did when he entered the Super 6; start fighting the best. Sounds like he's just searching for excuses and honestly, his responses sound very chickenshyt.
              It's a lot easier to fight the best when you're in a tournament and are contractually obligated to fight them. That's in no way ****ting on Ward so don't even begin to go that route. I respect him and what he's done. But promotional issues or shoulder problems aside, we've seen since then his level of comp. It's harder to continually fight the best when the other person doesn't have to. You can go on with whatever you want to say about Golovkin and his level of comp, or lack thereof probably in your case, but he didn't have the luxury of being in Ward's position to have that kind of chance to prove that he was the best in the division by having a tournament.

Comment

Pointing out something about HBO doesn't mean I hate GGG. Only a child thinks like that, kid.
                You can point out many a thing about most boxers and what station they are signed to. Its your bias towards hating on a certain fighter, but not others is what makes your statement pitiful. I get what youre trying to do, but its a damn shame you actually think its ok.......carry on

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
                  All the **** talking going on now, plus an impressive win by Ward Saturday certainly helps this fight pick up steam. I also like the idea of these guys doing a co main event, hopefully both look impressive, a bit more **** talking, and maybe we will get the type of interest needed to get these guys in the ring. The problem as of now is two fold. Neither guy, and I stress neither, will do this fight for chump change. As of now they would have to fight for chump change considering the magnitude of the fight.

Both have to do their part to draw interest to the fight. Neither guy is ducking the other. Anyone who actually thinks one guy is somehow scared of the other is just hating.
                  At last an unbiased post.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                    Yeah bias knowledge to suit his and your agenda. How surprising you are protecting the black fight wow big stretch there Mr. *****adelfia
                    what was biased about anything I said? I didn't criticize GGG, I criticized HBO. I didn't call GGG any type of name or discredit him in any way other than accurately pointing out his resume is not that great, a comment a lot of posters make.

Comment

Originally posted by Achcauhtli View Post
                      You can point out many a thing about most boxers and what station they are signed to. Its your bias towards hating on a certain fighter, but not others is what makes your statement pitiful. I get what youre trying to do, but its a damn shame you actually think its ok.......carry on
                      what do you mean by a certain fighter? I didn't say anything disparaging about GGG other than say his resume is not quality, which is something a lot have said.

SO again, criticism doesn't equal hate. You have to grow up and leave that mentality behind.

Comment

Working...
                      X