No announcement yet.

GGG to Ward: "You are a dead man to me!"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mukuro View Post
    GGG has a real career going on. Why people think he needs to be dictated to by Ward is beyond me. Ward has taken himself out of currency, and is trying to stay relevant by talking **** about smaller guys who are relevant.

Honestly, if you buy what Ward is doing, you are either a thoughtless Ward fan or simple. What he SHOULD be doing is chasing names at 175. 175 is a packed division, and at 6'1 with good reach and physical strength he would not be undersized at all. It is cool to express interest in a fight with GGG, but to talk **** about how a significantly smaller fighter with better things to do is ducking you? That is just pathetic.

For those that mention the comparison to GGG calling out Floyd— there is a difference between respectfully expressing interest in a fight with a smaller guy and talking ****/using his name to make yourself seem important. Unlike Ward, GGG also brings fans and career momentum to the table.
    Perfectly said. Golovkin's also willing to go down to Mayweather's weight class while Ward expects GGG to come up to SMW.

Comment

• GG is this eras Michalczewski. He is content to defend his title against a string of no hopers.

Comment

• Originally posted by KnockoutNed View Post
        GG is this eras Michalczewski. He is content to defend his title against a string of no hopers.

that's really not fair.

i do think golovkin and his team are avoiding 168 lbs in general, but we have to recognize that cotto, martinez, avoided this guy. lou dibella was extremely candid in talking about why he didn't match martinez and golovkin. there's an interview on the internet, if you care to look for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barcham View Post
          Did you see Froch's name in my post? I didn't. I don't care who Froch has fought, at least he was fighting and not suing the promoter who was responsible for his success in the Super Six tournament.

See any catchweight fights in GGG's resume? Remove the Super Six names from Ward's resume and what is left? A bunch of Pudwills and Poo Bears. Not one recognizable name.
          You're a A Special Kinda Stupid Are You? You can't "REMOVE SUPER 6 NAMES FROM HIS RESUME" and try to use that as some type of argument to make GGG as Andre Ward's Equal.

One guy is PROVEN and when active is considered the Consensus #2 P4P Fighter in the World, the other guy is NOT Prove and is running on Hype Fumes Created by HBO and great Promotions by K2. That is not to say GGG is not good, I think GGG is a excellent fighter, hands down the best Middleweight in Boxing today, but GGG fans trying to convince people he is better than Ward is going to be a struggle and rightfully so.

I'm done with you, clearly you're a troll and you just love the attention.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            Lol, speaking of delusional... Whether Genady might do something or not is beyond the point. It's about him actually DOING IT. He has a chance to finally do something and he's ducking. He'll take another weak fight while he waits for the smaller guy in Canelo.
            LOL, "smaller". Cut the crap. It's not GGG's fault Canelo goes to the extreme to cut weight.

Let's see:

Canelo vs Kirkland: ?
            Canelo vs Lara: 171
            Canelo vs Angulo: 174
            Canelo vs Mayweather (152 catchweight): 165
            Canelo vs Trout: 172

Golovkin vs Monroe: 170
            Golovkin vs Murray: ?
            Golovkin vs Rubio: 173
            Golovkin vs Geale: ?
            Golovkin vs Macklin: 170
            Golovkin vs Proksa: 168

Keep your biased hate for Golovkin elsewhere. Canelo weighs just about the same, if not more than Golovkin typically does.

By your logic, we should smack-talk Mayweather for fighting, "the smaller guy in" Pacquiao.
            Last edited by UNBIASED BOXING; 06-18-2015, 03:55 PM.

Comment

• as they do with virtually everything, the little bsceners are drawing lines in the sand and sticking their heads in the section they've designated for themselves.

ostriches are dumb as hell. they're ignorant because they stick their heads in the sand and ignore what is around them. what's around them does not go away!

i hope you guys understand that.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
                as they do with virtually everything, the little bsceners are drawing lines in the sand and sticking their heads in the section they've designated for themselves.

ostriches are dumb as hell. they're ignorant because they stick their heads in the sand and ignore what is around them. what's around them does not go away!

i hope you guys understand that.
                Haha -- Ostriches have done well as a species, so they don't seem so stupid.

But don't let facts get in the way:

GGG = 5' 10", walks around at 170
                Canelo = 5' 9", walks around at 170
                Ward = 6' 1", walks around at god knows what these days. 185?

Comment

• Originally posted by sicko View Post
                  You're a A Special Kinda Stupid Are You? You can't "REMOVE SUPER 6 NAMES FROM HIS RESUME" and try to use that as some type of argument to make GGG as Andre Ward's Equal.

One guy is PROVEN and when active is considered the Consensus #2 P4P Fighter in the World, the other guy is NOT Prove and is running on Hype Fumes Created by HBO and great Promotions by K2. That is not to say GGG is not good, I think GGG is a excellent fighter, hands down the best Middleweight in Boxing today, but GGG fans trying to convince people he is better than Ward is going to be a struggle and rightfully so.

as for froch, he's got the great george groves, and the best fighter of all time, lucian bute!

Comment

• [QUOTE=Joe Beamish;15798934]Haha -- Ostriches have done well as a species, so they don't seem so stupid.

But don't let facts get in the way:

GGG = 5' 10", walks around at 170
                    Canelo = 5' 9", walks around at 170
                    Ward = 6' 1", walks around at god knows what these days. 185?[/QUOTE

you don't know what you're talking about. they're all far over those weight swhen they're "walking around."

that's basically f#cking fight night weights, ffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
                      that's really not fair.

i do think golovkin and his team are avoiding 168 lbs in general, but we have to recognize that cotto, martinez, avoided this guy. lou dibella was extremely candid in talking about why he didn't match martinez and golovkin. there's an interview on the internet, if you care to look for it.
                      GGG and his team have made it very CLEAR that GGG's primary goal is to unify all the titles at 160 and that they would only move to 168 FOR A MAJOR PPV FIGHT. This has not changed in over two years. It has nothing to so with 'avoiding' 168. GOLOVKIN IS A ****ING MIDDLEWEIGHT!!!!! You might as well say that he is avoiding 200!

Originally posted by sicko View Post

How about Ward gets back in the ring before his fans start proclaiming him a god again? Right now, the bouncer at my local bar has a better fight record for the past 19 months than Ward has.

Yeah... the truth can be painful sometimes.

Comment

Working...
                      X