No announcement yet.

Official: Lara-Rodriguez, Beterbeiv-Johnson PBC Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
    yah of course it did big at first (even though still mediocre) because a lot of people were interested to see boxing come back to tv after so long. but after seeing what type of fights and fighters that the PBC con show has been putting out they are slowly realizing why they stopped watching boxing in the first place. plus mayweather's coward performance against pac turned majority of the public away from boxing. if the 'fight of the century' was mediocre then all of boxing is mediocre in the minds of the public. and they're right.

but like i said months back, PBC would NEVER do better numbers than their debut. everyone called me crazy said i was a hater, not a fan of boxing, and that i was a big time weirdo. but guess what, I'M RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PBC has barely any excitement, poor production, majority mediocre matchups, majority mediocre fighters with poor reputations, and bad scorecards, etc. is killing PBC. and no one at PBC is realizing this. PBC is a sinking ship.
    you are claiming to be right this soon? Dude, are you ******ed? All PBC has to do is put a Wilder v Povetkin on PBC and it will surely do more than the debut. Or they can wait until next May and put Floyd's 50th fight on PBC.

I know you are an irrational hater, but be careful and think a little bit.

My point is simple-PBC, for all its problems, have the 2 highest viewed boxing shows of the year and their last show was up 12%, which isn't great but trending in the right direction.

As for Floyd and Manny-get over it. Manny lost by a wide margin and did himself no favors in the eyes of most people with the lack of effort and the way he acted like a sore loser.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
      So don't watch it and don't comment. It's that easy. "haymon rejects"? I'm actually against haymon protecting his guys, but most of these fights have been very, very entertaining. Can their product use come touching up? Sure of course it does. HBO & Showtime had to build themselves up as well, I'm sure, when they first started out showcasing fights.
      if the fights have been so entertaining then why have numbers been poop. give me a break. you haymon farts need to move on from this con show. HBO is where REAL boxing is at and where REAL boxing belongs.

i don't even count any of the fights in PBC because it's just all exhbition and money grab imo.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        you are claiming to be right this soon? Dude, are you ******ed? All PBC has to do is put a Wilder v Povetkin on PBC and it will surely do more than the debut. Or they can wait until next May and put Floyd's 50th fight on PBC.

I know you are an irrational hater, but be careful and think a little bit.

My point is simple-PBC, for all its problems, have the 2 highest viewed boxing shows of the year and their last show was up 12%, which isn't great but trending in the right direction.

As for Floyd and Manny-get over it. Manny lost by a wide margin and did himself no favors in the eyes of most people with the lack of effort and the way he acted like a sore loser.
        no one cares about PBC. the majority of the public is completely disinterested. THE BAD COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY OUTWEIGHS ANY GOOD. get that through your head you punk.

and wilder vs povetkin WILL NOT do better than the debut. i'm willing to beat my account on that. it might do better than PBC's recent shows (which isn't saying much), but that's it. and the majority of the public completely hates floyd and his boring snoozefest style hahahahahaaha give me a break.

and of course PBC will have the 2 highest viewed boxing fights of the year because it's on FRICKIN CABLE TV and it was their debut shows hahahahahahahahhaha geeze get a clue for once. how many people in america have access to NBC compared to HBO???????? yet they only draw 2 million more than what most HBO boxing events do. that's completely mediocre.

Comment

no one cares about PBC. the majority of the public is completely disinterested. THE BAD COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY OUTWEIGHS ANY GOOD. get that through your head you punk.

and wilder vs povetkin WILL NOT do better than the debut. i'm willing to beat my account on that. it might do better than PBC's recent shows (which isn't saying much), but that's it. and the majority of the public completely hates floyd and his boring snoozefest style hahahahahaaha give me a break.

and of course PBC will have the 2 highest viewed boxing fights of the year because it's on FRICKIN CABLE TV and it was their debut shows hahahahahahahahhaha geeze get a clue for once. how many people in america have access to NBC compared to HBO???????? yet they only draw 2 million more than what most HBO boxing events do. that's completely mediocre.
          You can have any opinion you want-the PBC shows are still the 2 highest viewed boxing matches on TV this year. So if the majority don't care about PBC as you said, they care less about HBO, which you claim is where real boxing is. Again, think before hating.

If you are willing to BET (not beat) your account, then if wilder v povetkin is on PBC, I will bet it has more viewers than the 1st PBC show.

Your opinion on Floyd's style doesn't belong in this thread. The fact he is the #1 PPV draw easily refutes this opinion.

100 million plus get NBC, probably 29 million or so pay for HBO.

So, we are still faced with 2 truths-the 2 most watched boxing shows in 2015 are PBC shows and the last PBC show had a 12% increase from the previous PBC afternoon show, which shows that your opinions expressed in your post is clearly wrong.

Comment

Hell yeah!!!!

Fights on friday night!

Hopefully if Lara wins GGG accepts challenge

Comment

so they pick delvin for lara???? just because he didn't get to fight GGG their next best option is delvin????????? and i'm not the only one who doesn't like PBC's mediocre matchmaking, mediocre production, mediocre commentary team. PBC has failed to become the success all you haymon rejects want it to be. sorry but PBC is just pure mediocrity swimming in mediocrity. numbers are poop and barely anyone cares about it except for you floyd haymon rejects.

i hope lara leaves haymon and gets with HBO where boxing belongs.
              do us a favor and jump off a bridge

Comment

Originally posted by HEND View Post
                Don't misunderstand I don't want to nitpicking but I'm just curious: Why do you think that the Beterbiev fight is too close to call?
                Campillo aint ****. Jeff page JR is a nobody. Johnson has a decent chin, southpaw, good counter puncher.

Comment

if the fights have been so entertaining then why have numbers been poop. give me a break. you haymon farts need to move on from this con show. HBO is where REAL boxing is at and where REAL boxing belongs.

i don't even count any of the fights in PBC because it's just all exhbition and money grab imo.
                  So guerrero vs thurman wasn't a good fight?

Dirrell vs degale?

Khan vs algieri (which ended up being a good fight)

Quillin vs lee was a good fight

Its pretty simple. Bob arum can simply call haymon and say "hey lets get my fighters on your show". Dibella does it. Other promoters do it.

"oh but once they fight on PBC they can't fight nowhere else doe"

Wrong. Wilder vs Molina on showtime.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    You can have any opinion you want-the PBC shows are still the 2 highest viewed boxing matches on TV this year. So if the majority don't care about PBC as you said, they care less about HBO, which you claim is where real boxing is. Again, think before hating.

If you are willing to BET (not beat) your account, then if wilder v povetkin is on PBC, I will bet it has more viewers than the 1st PBC show.

Your opinion on Floyd's style doesn't belong in this thread. The fact he is the #1 PPV draw easily refutes this opinion.

100 million plus get NBC, probably 29 million or so pay for HBO.

So, we are still faced with 2 truths-the 2 most watched boxing shows in 2015 are PBC shows and the last PBC show had a 12% increase from the previous PBC afternoon show, which shows that your opinions expressed in your post is clearly wrong.
                    you live in your own fantasy world hahahahahahahahaha. 3 million on network television for a debut is mediocre. and numbers have been worse and worse for almost all of their other shows. HBO is in FARRRRRRRRRRRRR less households, so doing 1 million+ is a far bigger deal than doing a little over 3million on a debut on network television. again, get a clue.

#1 ppv draw for fighting on a mexican holiday, stacking his undercard with other big names, fighting guys with far more exciting styles and with an already big fanbase (i.e. canelo, pacquiao, cotto, de la hoya, etc.) of their own. you think floyd gets #1 on his own and that majority of people don't watch to possibly see him lose?????? hahahahaha give me a break. you're clueless about floyd's inflated #1 ppv spot like you are with pbc's mediocre numbers.

a 12% increase only because of how busy of a day it was for nbc. many people tuned into nbc because of the french open and belmont stakes. PBC was just fortunate enough to be wedged inbetween these spectacular events hahahahahahah. you really need to actually analyze and not just look at numbers like a dunce. PBC truthfully can't stand on it's own.

i expect the next pbc show to go back to doing even worse numbers.
                    Last edited by Divine Hammer; 06-11-2015, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                      do us a favor and jump off a bridge
                      no surprise that such an ugly comment comes from such an ugly person. do everyone a favor and get jesus in your life. you fool.

Comment

Working...
                      X