• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official: Lara-Rodriguez, Beterbeiv-Johnson PBC Fight Discussion Thread

Friday 12 June 2015
    UIC Pavilion, Chicago, Illinois, USA
    commission: Illinois Boxing Commission
    promoter: Leon Margules (Warriors Boxing)
    matchmakers: Melvin Rivas / Jerry Alfano
    television: USA Spike TV Hungary DigiSport

Erislandy "The American Dream" Lara

Height: 5' 9"
    Reach: 75"
    Stance: Southpaw
    Record: 20W(12KOs)-2L-2D

VS

Delvin Rodriguez

Height: 6'
    Reach: 73"
    Stance: Orthodox
    Record: 28W(16KOs)-7(2KOs)-4D
    Lara > Rodriguez T/Ko
    22.41%
    Lara > Rodriguez Decision
    25.86%
    Rodriguez > Lara T/Ko
    1.72%
    Rodriguez > Lara Decision
    1.72%
    Lara-Rodriguez: Draw/Too close to call
    1.72%
    Beterbiev > Johnson T/Ko
    37.93%
    Beterbiev > Johnson Decision
    1.72%
    Johnson > Beterbiev T/Ko
    1.72%
    Johnson > Beterbiev Decision
    1.72%
    Beterbiev-Johnson: Draw/Too close to call
    3.45%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by bigjavi973; 06-11-2015, 09:20 AM.

Comment

lara against delvin rodriguez??? what the heck??? PBC is such a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
        lara against delvin rodriguez??? what the heck??? PBC is such a joke.
        Lara coulda fought that "killer" GGG, but they chose Monroe instead cuz Monroe was "more known". You don't like it? No one cares really.

Comment

I am more interested in Bieterbiev fight than the lara/delving fight. Hopefully, Lara looks great and gets GGG next.

I wish this card was on ESPN2.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
            Lara coulda fought that "killer" GGG, but they chose Monroe instead cuz Monroe was "more known". You don't like it? No one cares really.
            so they pick delvin for lara???? just because he didn't get to fight GGG their next best option is delvin????????? and i'm not the only one who doesn't like PBC's mediocre matchmaking, mediocre production, mediocre commentary team. PBC has failed to become the success all you haymon rejects want it to be. sorry but PBC is just pure mediocrity swimming in mediocrity. numbers are poop and barely anyone cares about it except for you floyd haymon rejects.

i hope lara leaves haymon and gets with HBO where boxing belongs.

Comment

so they pick delvin for lara???? just because he didn't get to fight GGG their next best option is delvin????????? and i'm not the only one who doesn't like PBC's mediocre matchmaking, mediocre production, mediocre commentary team. PBC has failed to become the success all you haymon rejects want it to be. sorry but PBC is just pure mediocrity swimming in mediocrity. numbers are poop and barely anyone cares about it except for you floyd haymon rejects.

despite the drop in ratings from the 1st card, the highest viewed fights on TV so far this year have been PBC fights.

http://www.badlefthook.com/2015/3/9/...-for-nbc-debut

http://sportstvratings.com/pbc-boxin...-7-debut/2069/

the ghost fight over Aron Martinez posted a .95 overnight up 12% from the prior PBC on NBC afternoon telecast.

http://sportstvratings.com/afternoon...ng-up-12/2644/
              Last edited by The Big Dunn; 06-11-2015, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                despite the drop in ratings from the 1st card, the highest viewed fights on TV so far this year have been PBC fights.

http://www.badlefthook.com/2015/3/9/...-for-nbc-debut

http://sportstvratings.com/pbc-boxin...-7-debut/2069/

the ghost fight over Aron Martinez posted a .95 overnight up 12% from the prior PBC on NBC afternoon telecast.

http://sportstvratings.com/afternoon...ng-up-12/2644/
                yah of course it did big at first (even though still mediocre) because a lot of people were interested to see boxing come back to tv after so long. but after seeing what type of fights and fighters that the PBC con show has been putting out they are slowly realizing why they stopped watching boxing in the first place. plus mayweather's coward performance against pac turned majority of the public away from boxing. if the 'fight of the century' was mediocre then all of boxing is mediocre in the minds of the public. and they're right.

but like i said months back, PBC would NEVER do better numbers than their debut. everyone called me crazy said i was a hater, not a fan of boxing, and that i was a big time weirdo. but guess what, I'M RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PBC has barely any excitement, poor production, majority mediocre matchups, majority mediocre fighters with poor reputations, and bad scorecards, etc. is killing PBC. and no one at PBC is realizing this. PBC is a sinking ship.

Comment

So don't watch it and don't comment. It's that easy. "haymon rejects"? I'm actually against haymon protecting his guys, but most of these fights have been very, very entertaining. Can their product use come touching up? Sure of course it does. HBO & Showtime had to build themselves up as well, I'm sure, when they first started out showcasing fights.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                    Don't misunderstand I don't want to nitpicking but I'm just curious: Why do you think that the Beterbiev fight is too close to call?

Comment

Working...
                    X