No announcement yet.

Official: Lara-Rodriguez, Beterbeiv-Johnson PBC Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
    didn't abandon anything. just letting you know that 8 million less homes is nothing compared to how many MORE homes NBC is in. yet it only does 3 million at best hahahahahahah. sure showtime's wilder vs deontay fight did good numbers for being in slightly less homes than HBO but it's not more impressive than anything HBO has done. try again.

PBC shows can't stand on their own. they just do mediocre numbers. numbers decline worse from their previous show if they're not being propped up by other big events like what happened last saturday (even then it still did mediocre numbers). i expect PBC will continue on a path of mostly mediocre numbers. no one really cares about it and you need to realize this.

PBC should be doing close to around double of what it got in its debut to be considered anywhere near a success. everyone knows about boxing, but no one cares about it because they have no reason to. PBC gives the public no reason to care about boxing. PBC has no exciting fighters except maybe thurman, commentary is boring snoozefest, match ups are the worst in boxing, quality is a complete downgrade from networks like HBO.
    For someone who doesn't care about it, you spend an inordinate amount of time and energy trying to convince posters to share your opinion.

I am hoping the numbers continue to trend upward for the afternoon shows and that the evening shows continue to be the most watched fights on TV.

If it's a success, we will get more boxing on TV which is what I have been asking for.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      For someone who doesn't care about it, you spend an inordinate amount of time and energy trying to convince posters to share your opinion.

I am hoping the numbers continue to trend upward for the afternoon shows and that the evening shows continue to be the most watched fights on TV.

If it's a success, we will get more boxing on TV which is what I have been asking for.
      someone needs to speak out about PBC's mediocrity to warn people to avoid it. if i and others stopped bringing up the many many flaws of PBC then the only conversation would be from you floyd rejects lying about how great it is. i and many others are helping the public not get tricked into this con show.

this PBC won't be a success. it doesn't represent boxing. it's not boxing at all. it's just a giant money grab by some coward who hides in the shadows. it's just exhibition. "top" fighters mostly fighting journeymen and no-hopers. it's one big con show.

Comment

you are parrot for haymon. he has all of you under his spell and you are just puppets and parrots trying to push this mediocrity down our throats. i don't fall for it because i know better.

you are being fooled completely. first step to waking up is realizing you are in a dream state that is not in reality. again, i hope you realize the con show that is PBC and get out.

and go fuck yourself really. I can think for my fucking self. Parrot of haymon? Quote me where I was been praising PBC or haymon himself left & right? Nope. I still shit on him with some of the bullshit that he does. I even say that some of the match ups are not that good, but that goes for EVERY promoter. Including arum, who at times puts up some crappy as cards and even robs his own fighters of victories (see pac vs bradley I) and then he states, "Im gonna make so much money off this rematch". Like fucking really? Again, how can you judge the fights without even watching them?

Comment

someone needs to speak out about PBC's mediocrity to warn people to avoid it. if i and others stopped bringing up the many many flaws of PBC then the only conversation would be from you floyd rejects lying about how great it is. i and many others are helping the public not get tricked into this con show.

this PBC won't be a success. it doesn't represent boxing. it's not boxing at all. it's just a giant money grab by some coward who hides in the shadows. it's just exhibition. "top" fighters mostly fighting journeymen and no-hopers. it's one big con show.
          So that's what it's about huh?

Newsflash.... Ask ANYONE here... Im not FAN of floydie. He can go **** himself really, just like you can do as well. But I'll watch the PBC fights and see what they do. If it's crappy fights. I'll call it crappy. A spade is a spade.

Again for the millionth time, How can you judge the fights and call the crappy, but you never even watched them (and no im not talking about that ONE thurman fight you saw)?

Comment

Eris Landy Lara

Offense-5
            Defense-8
            Power-7
            Movement-10
            Speed-7
            Stamina-9
            Chin-6
            Machismo-8

Viewed by many to have won the Paul Williams fight...frustrates opponents with his movement and unwillingness to engage...drilled Austin Trout in a late knockdown...came back to stop Angelo after losing most of the fight...not interested in trading with Canelo

Prediction: Lara UD, one KD vs Delvin Rodriquez

Comment

I got tickets for this! I'm excited about it!

Comment

Originally posted by SHO_RULEZ View Post
                Eris Landy Lara

Offense-5
                Defense-8
                Power-7
                Movement-10
                Speed-7
                Stamina-9
                Chin-6
                Machismo-8

Viewed by many to have won the Paul Williams fight...frustrates opponents with his movement and unwillingness to engage...drilled Austin Trout in a late knockdown...came back to stop Angelo after losing most of the fight...not interested in trading with Canelo

Prediction: Lara UD, one KD vs Delvin Rodriquez
                He loss two rounds against perro, and would have been a shut out if the conditions were a little bit fair, every time I read a post about the perro fight the omission is complete, no one say anything about the size of the ring or how slow the mat was, and more important why Lara has to comply with a verbal clause about rehydration while perro never got the memo, that fight showed that Lara can stand and fight when needed and have a heck of a chin, he got hit twice with punches he never saw coming and went to put a beating on a proud Mexican warrior...
                Last edited by BendOver; 06-11-2015, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Comment

I'll tell you exactly what's wrong with PBC. It's not that they're bad shows, each has at least one quality matchup. It's just that's there's TOO MANY shows spread across TOO MANY networks. When I first hear of PBC, I thought it would be a monthly show, just on NBC, just like how HBO and SHO do. I never imagined it would be this total saturation across 5-6 network tv and cable channels !

They can do about 3-4 shows a month. It got to the point where even I couldn't keep up with each and every show. There's been times where I missed the CBS show here or the Spike show there...it's the ESPN Friday Night Fight effect, where if there isn't a huge name on the show, you could miss 2, 3, or even all of the 4 monthy broadcasts !

Contrast this with HBO and SHO, who do a monthly or bi-monthly schedule. Occasionally they'll do 2 in a month, and once a blue moon a 3 show cluster. I'mean not including small shows like SHOBOX by the way. It's once a month, usually with a big name. There's no confusion as to when these shows happen, due to them being dispersed all over several cable and tv networks. HBO is channel 300 on date X, SHO is on channel 310 on date X.

The shows seem like EVENTS, whereas the PBC shows fly by so quickly that they feel like ESPN FNF shows that you can miss 2 or 3. Especially if you're a really casual fan, that only knows the mainstream boxers, and may not be familiar with an Erislandy Lara or Robert Guerrero.

They need to reorganize it to ONE big show with BIG names, ONCE a month (sometimes twice), on NBC. Either drop those other shows, or DONT call them PBC. You want the one big "event" show a month, on the big network, with no confusion created by pumping out shows.

Perhaps this is what HAyman has to do to turn profits in this venture. But it's gonna spread the ratings thin, as casuals will likely watch the NBC show and miss the others.

I should add that, considering HBO, SHO, AND ESPN are running monthly shows, its not like you're punishing fans by taking PBC down to one NBC show a month!

As it is now, including HBO, SHO, and the other channels, its around TEN shows a month now! All you'd be doing is cutting it in half to 5 shows, which is still more than enough for the average fan! HBO, SHO, ESPN, or the other guys are running the PBC off weeks. Have a 3 to 3.5 hour monthly stacked card on prime time, like the NBA or NFL!
                    Last edited by SHO_RULEZ; 06-12-2015, 05:16 PM. Reason: addition

Comment

So its on at 9pm EST and 9pm PST?

That's weak.

Comment

Working...
                      X